Saturday, April 11, 2009

I've Finally Found The Reason For Living :D

Something I also learnt from Deborah's poem.

You know, poems can often become a very melancholic affair. The classic case is that a poem attempts to capture a 'snapshot' of a particular scene / experience, but also carries an emotional introspection of what the poet thinks about the event.

Problem is, often, when we do works of art, it ultimately becomes a means for self-cartharsis, to express out our feelings and thoughts and so on.

Still, Deborah's poem reminded me. She used the poem to honour God. Whoa. When was the last time I wrote something to deliberately and purposely honour God? Honour Him for who He is? What He has done?

And somehow, I think God is pleased to put his stamp of approval upon these works of art. These works of art carry an extra edge to them. Think Michaelangelo's "Sistine Chapel". Think Leonardo da Vinci's "The Last Supper". Think Handel's "The Messiah".

I'm not denigrating other works of art... but don't you think that their artwork carries an echo, a sense of majesty, that God is GREAT?

And people are inevitably drawn to something greater than themselves.

These words of a friend with great artistic talents make me think too:
Reunited with the One who loved her so dearly, she lives to give her life for Him and His purposes. With all the giftings that she has, she is boldly stepping forth to serve & glorify God, including using the pencil.
Wow. With whatever we have, do we seek to serve and glorify God?

*whistles* What a basic but an amazing truth.

The Westminster Shorter Catechism asks us:
Q. What is the chief end of man?
And the answer is clear:
A. Man's chief end is to glorify God, and to enjoy him forever.


Thank You so much, Wonderful Counsellor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. For revealing this revelation of truth to me. Now! I change paths, I shall go forth and glorify You in all that I do! You must increase, I shall decrease. Yay!

How appropriate these lyrics... especially since yesterday was Good Friday.
We were the reason that He gave his life
We were the reason that He suffered and died
To a world that was lost He gave all He could give
To show us the reason to live

I've finally found the reason for living
It's in giving every part of my heart to Him
In all that I do, every word that I say
I'll be giving my all just for Him, for Him


And now I have a better idea of which direction the Writers' Circle is meant to go in. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

im reading the heart of an artist by rory noland now. think it'd be good for us to read it too :)

yeu@nn said...

wow! thanks a lot sis. another bro told me abt this book. do they stock it in tecman?