Thursday, April 9, 2009

Phillips, Craig & Dean - Your Name

As morning dawns and evening fades
You inspire songs of praise
That rise from earth to touch Your heart
And glorify Your name


Your name
Is a strong and mighty tower
Your name
Is a shelter like no other
Your name
Let the nations sing it louder
'Cause nothing has the power to save
But Your name

Jesus, in Your name we pray
Come and fill our hearts today
Lord, give us strength to live for You
And glorify Your name
Hee. I'm thinking of waking up at 6.30 am later on to just get up and go to AMK Park everyday. Want to spend the morning sunrise with Jesus. :) I know it'll be hard work - but loving God and seeking Him is always hard work - but He makes it easier for me. =)

In any case, I've found that every time I spend at least one or two hours with Him, I am so refreshed and strengthened to face the challenges of the day ahead. :)



Anyway, I remember watching The Pianist. There's this scene where a group of Jewish and Polish prisoners march drearily back to their bunks after a long day's hard work. Then they meet a drunken Nazi slavemaster, who drunkenly orders them to sing for his entertainment. Since he's so drunk, the prisoners immediately obey him by singing a song... and a fiercely patriotic resistance song at that. LOL. And their mood turns from drudgery to a renewed defiance.

So in a way, I guess on mornings that seem super-moody, and cloudy and dreary, I will arise and awake my soul, and stoutly sing a fierce song of freedom as a soldier of Christ, a patriotic song of praise as a citizen of heaven. That it is for freedom that Christ has set me free! Stand firm, then, and do not let myself be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.

So yup, I will arise now, for He has set me free indeed. I shall go forth in the strength I have to march forth in His name. To proclaim songs of faith and victory, and to bear weapons of righteousness in my two hands. To do the will of Him who sends me. Because the battle is not mine; it belongs to the LORD.

Aye-men.

No comments: