Monday, November 24, 2008

Yesterday I got to make a new friend - Alex - during a Nurture programme meeting. He's a bro from the tertiary ministry (SIM), and he came to know Christ in March this year. As I was supposed to meet up with Jiaxiang after the meeting, and he didn't have anything on, we just went to MacDonalds' and chatted. Wow! Turns out he has this amazing ability to 'click' with children - he's a part-time camp instructor who has worked with over 500 campers - from primary school level to corporate clients. Super-outgoing. Haha.

Formerly, he was a Buddhist, but after being outreached to by the bros and sisters, and attending an ACTSperience camp, he came to know Christ. :)

He shared excitedly with me about his plans, while touring Europe with his family after his graduation next year, to visit as many Hope churches in Europe as possible. Because he wants to see and learn as much as he can, about how different Hope churches share and implement the same vision.

Wow. My heart is really filled with warmth and joy to see this young brother in Christ, though mature in the ways of the world, yet young and childlike with his baby steps in Christ. I think what strikes me as significant about his heart and spirit is not that he's very passionate per se, for there's quite a number of young Christians who are passionate about their newfound faith.

But what warms my heart is that I sense he has seen the value behind what being a Christian is really about. He's well-versed in the ways of the world, but he sees that Jesus Christ is really the one Way to live for.

And once you've seen the light, that Jesus really is the One Way, the One Truth, the One Life worth living for - then no matter if you're a baby convert one day old, or a hundred-years old disciple, you won't see life in the same way anymore. The upside-down will finally be turned upside-up.

Jesus I'm living life for You
And my world will never be the same again
My God, I'll only ever give my all
Take take take it all!

No comments: