Thursday, November 27, 2008

Consecration's Fire, IV

I've written so much in the past three posts. Because this fire is burning deeper within my heart. Somehow I do feel that God really is calling me to trust Him to attempt something greater for His glory.

So, inspired by Billy Graham's example and heart of wanting to do something great for God, I went to the park today, and found a stone bench. Kneeling down by the side of the bench, I prayed to God. I told Him that I'm choosing to be consecrated unto Him. Really, really long to be His instrument for a noble purpose.

Hee. Just prayed, and ... no glow of light bathed me or any dove landed on my head or whatever else. :P So just struggled some more in prayer. Spammed God, telling Him, "Take take take it all."

Then after some more minutes, I prayed, asking God to tell me what exactly is the work He's calling me to do?

Still no reply.

So I took out my Bible and continued from where I left off. Psalm 66. As I read through each verse carefully, Psalm 66:5 suddenly caught my eyes.

"Come and see what God has done; how awesome His works in man's behalf!"

I thought, "How awesome his works in man's behalf... What are the works he has done in man's behalf? Not on man's behalf, but in man's behalf..."

Then this question came to mind: When was the last time we asked others to come and see what are the works He has done for our sake? Not just Christians, but for the whole world?

And thoughts of Mother Teresa comforting the poor. The peacemakers reconciling warring nations. The countless Christians who have done their God-ordained parts to be Christ's hands and feet to a world that is hurting.

How awesome His works in man's behalf!

Just felt that this is a rhema word from God to my prayer just now. Hee hee! Prayed some more, and think God showed me that this is the work that He has planned for me to do. It is a big, big, big dream. But with God's help, I'm planning already to put into action.

Wonder what'll happen next? It won't be easy, but I have faith in God. Anything lah, as long as I can finish the work He's given me to do on earth. Amen!

No comments: