Friday, November 14, 2008

Focused Fire

How is 0.005 greater than 100?

When it is a 5 milliwatts laser focusing all its power onto a tiny dot, as compared to a 100 watts bulb scattering all its power all over the room.



The answer is focus.

Reading the blogs of some brothers and sisters made me think about the power of their lives. Personally, I feel that the most encouraging and effective lives are those who have chosen to be fully focused on their walk with the Lord. They have an influence around them that money, skills, connections or talents cannot buy. You can sense clearly that they live for an audience of One. Dedication, commitment, passion, integrity, righteousness are their hallmarks.

They are like the magnifying glass. By itself cannot set anything on fire. But when it magnifies the Sun, and focuses the Sun's light fully, it becomes capable of setting entire forests ablaze, no matter how big or small it is.

So when we magnify the Son in our own lives, and focus His light more and more in every word and deed, He is able to effectively use us to spark off a wonderful fire to warm many a cold heart.

"I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race the Lord Jesus has given me - the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace." - Paul


Be fully His!

No comments: