Wednesday, November 12, 2008

How loving am I as a person, as a Christian?

Was reading 1 Cor 13, and the entire chapter seems to be whispering to me. Perhaps it's because of the past few days of thinking. "If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing." Felt it spoke to me, because (from what I perceive of myself - I could be very well wrong) I think I've given as best as I can to those around me, and pushed myself to serve God as hard as I can... even almost to the point of burning out at times...

But if I have not love, I gain nothing. How much am I loving others, actually?

Iterating over verses 4-7, it's a terribly clear mirror unto my soul. Ah. The perfect standard of God. Missing the mark. But God is good, He will help me grow more and more in His love!

Yah, I agree with Paul. This is indeed the most excellent way to minister to those around me: Love.

Action point: To grow in patience and kindness. Not to be rude, not to be self-seeking. Nor to be easily angered. Keeping no record of wrongs. To always protect, always trusts, always hopes, always persevere. Yup. :)

Ah. The Word of God is a mirror, and also a projector. To show me what I am like right now, and to project what I am called to be.

Thank You ... Papa.

No comments: