Monday, November 17, 2008

God Is Just So Gorgeously Good

Wow. Must blog this down too before I forget.

Peter Truong, an evangelist with the gifts of healing, prophecy and evangelism from one of the Hope churches (I think it's Hope Bangkok?) came to our HopeKids meeting today to minister and encourage the HopeKids team.

Wow. He shared about how a Sunday school teacher faithfully outreached to him week after week until he finally came to Sunday school. And what he prayed in his first prayer: "God, I pray that all the people in hospitals will get well." And years later, he's now involved in a healing ministry. Whoa. God really is ginormously good!

:D

Then, he and Hong Teck had a special time of prayer and prophesying for us. Wow. I came in after a quick interruption, and saw them praying already. So as I joined in the praying, I thought to God, "Dear God, how I really would like a prophecy for myself too... it'd be real nice if they prayed for me..."

And you know what? Right after the two of them finished prophesying for the sister they were praying for, Hong Teck - who was just in front of me, turned around and asked me, "Can we pray for you next?"

Wow! Hee... thank God for His sweetness! Hearing even the unspoken wishes of my heart... He's so good!



Edited: I got this written copy from Soo Feng, who was there, being our "scribe" to record down the prophecies... (thanks, sis! :))
Peter Truong’s session with Hopekids Core Team
Date: 16 Nov 2008
Time: 2pm
Venue: Asia Room, Nexus

Word for Yeu Ann:

From Peter Truong:
  • God will use you as a man after God’s heart

  • You are a man who desires to please God

  • Continue to serve Him – you will have big impact

  • Avail yourself

  • God has more in store for you as you are faithful in the small things

  • Do not despise the small beginnings

  • God will train and equip you. Keep close to God


From Hong Teck:
  • Continue to look to him.

  • God has a great purpose for you.

  • Do not look at your shortfalls, your handicaps – look for God’s purpose

  • Your story will be an encouragement to many

  • What you have is good – continue to persevere and hold on to it.

  • You will be like a small seed which grows into a big tree

  • Don’t depend on yourself

  • Take one step forward each day

WOW, WOW and WOW some more. God really really really is so incredibly and amazingly and exceedingly kind, gracious and merciful to such an unworthy sinner like me... Who am I, and what am I, that He should even consider choosing someone like me, less than the least of all God's people? I am less than nothing, but Jesus... He really is my everything - and even more than that!

Touched. God Is Just So Gorgeously Good. :D

No comments: