Sunday, November 23, 2008

Reflective Ramblings

Just a quick thanksgiving for today!

Was sharing with a friend over MSN just now:
tk God
i attended an old friend's wedding in the morning
then went off for NURTURE programme - a comcare programme working with kids
then helped a bro with some website tt we're setting up for a missions team in south america
then went for CG where we had a sumptous pasta dinner followed by planning for our Christmas outreach

Met Kin Wee at Chi Yen's wedding, and we talked about our dreams of becoming writers. We are both very excited about this idea. I suggested to him that perhaps we could set up a "Writers' Circle".

Thank God for the quiet time yesterday. Finally had a long personal retreat to be alone and still in His presence. And just felt my heart so touched by His holy presence. It was very hard for me to get up on my own - I procrastinated and delayed going before Him, listening to the temptations to just skip my appointment with God on Friday night. But in the end, I decided to just go and seek God, no matter how I felt.

And those dark, shadowy feelings I had that night
Fled away when I came into His holy light.

And the time later, when God allowed something to happen to me again that brought afresh an old hurt. But with some reflection, He helped me pinpoint more accurately how this particular hurt affects certain ways that I tend to perceive others. To forgive, and let go of my rights. And what a transforming freedom, the joy of giving grace to others.

I just sense a sweet and bright wind of freedom filling the air.
John 8:36
So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.


God really is calling me to something wonderful indeed - I know not what exactly at this moment, but as His consuming fire consumes more of my heart, I find myself moved and compelled and inspired to start planning, start moving, start working and start initiating and so on. So unlike my natural lazy self.

But it really doesn't matter who I am or even what I can do. He delights to let His light shine through the cracks and weaknesses of our lives, that all men may see that it is not I, but Christ who works in and through me. God chooses those whom He wants to choose. No more, no less.
"You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit - fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name."


Hmm. Thank God for Michael's prophecy last Sunday. To not let my emotions override my confessions of faith in God's Word. Haha! Just really want to share that encouraged by this prophecy, and inspired by the many examples of the brothers and sisters I see around me, I've been praying and asking God to help me speak bold words of faith. By words of faith, I'm not really talking about claiming God's promises for healing or miracles, etc.

What I mean is... when times are hard, do we speak: "Aiyah! Times are tough... will I keep my job?" Or do we say instead, "Work's tough, but I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength!"

Or we can say, "Yes, I'm tired - but the joy of the Lord is my strength! Woohoo!"
Or we can say, "I'm sick, but He is my strength when I am weak!"
Or we can say, "I'm finding it hard to stay awake during my quiet time, but He rewards those who earnestly seek Him!"
Or we can say, "Ministry is hard, but I will let nothing move me! Because I know that my labour in the Lord is not in vain!"

And so on. The principle is to look up to Jesus. Like what Qiaoping advised me last time: "It's ok to be real, but keep your focus on Jesus." Amen!

Haha! So yup, it's a change in my mindset... I've been very encouraged by many dear brothers and sisters who have encouraged me by their confessions of faith - and they have very diverse personalities, so it's not a personality thing at all: e.g. Shunrong, Yufen, Shuyi, Tianlong, Clarence, Tracy, Calyn, Guanrui and the list goes on.

Ok! Tired. But He grants sleep to those He loves! Amen!

No comments: