Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Just To Share...

I went for Love Africa Missions meeting today :) It was very exciting, 'cos we were discussing our plans for the upcoming Kenya missions trip.

I think God may be impressing on my heart that He wants me to go for this missions trip. And looking at the circumstances, I think He may be opening the doors. A good bonus to pay for the trip, just enough days' leave to apply for the missions trip, and one or two other things.

I think, but better confirm in more prayer and checking with some brothers. But still, I'm quite confident that this is His will - esp since Matthew 28:18-20 is the Lord's general command to Christians everywhere: to take the Gospel to the uttermost ends of the earth. AMEN and Hallelujah!

Plus, I must confess, I think this will be a boasting point for me to my colleagues... "let him who boast boast in the Lord" - that instead of buying a car, or some unit fund or what, I am willing to make the "foolish" purchase of an air-ticket to Africa. It may be foolish in the eyes of my non-Christian friends, and perhaps even some Christians too.

But these words of Jim Elliot inspire me: "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose." I hope that perhaps this may be an opportunity to witness to my colleagues the reason why I am planning to "splurge" my bonus on a missions trip.

Still, nothing's fixed yet. Maybe God'll give the go-ahead, maybe He'll ask me to not go, but sponsor someone else instead, or to hold back first, etc. Whatever, as long as it pleases my Lord. Maybe He would rather that I save the $ for a nice wedding angpow to bless some newlywed couple in time... :) Who knows?
Proverbs 19:21
Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails.

Amen, w00t and hallelujah! :D

Hmm! I'm not sure what's going to happen next. Oil prices are raising the price of the air-tickets to a critical limit. Dear friend, if you're a Christian, please keep us in prayer, for God's provision even in this time of crisis. And if you're not a Christian, well, pray to God that oil prices and food prices fall anyway! :) It'll be good for everyone on this planet... honest!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, ask God. :) He'd tell you if u ought to go for the Missions Trip.. whether or not circumstances may seem to say otherwise.

Anonymous said...

Thanks tsl! :)