Monday, July 7, 2008

Preparations for Kenya Mission Trip... and a Testimony of How God is Fulfilling His Plan For Me!

Came back from the Love(R) Africa meeting. It's so exciting! :D Haha... so this is how a missions preparation meeting looks like... the slow and steady buildup, the planning and re-planning, coordinating, fixing a common departure and return date, appointing the various team members to be charge of this and that... to quote Jonathan: whoa~oh~oh (~oh)

Hmm. Personally I feel very excited because this is more than a short-term missions trip for me - it's also an episode in my life where I can see the guiding hand of the Lord working powerfully in the lives of me and my team-mates as we prepare to set off to Kenya.

Like how God miraculously provided me with the big bonus - which turns out to be just enough to meet my needs for the missions trip AND to save enough money for a new hearing aid! Papa really knows all my needs even before I ask!

And not just so - I'm almost out of leave already due to attending various church retreats and conferences, but even then, God is miraculously providing for me...

In response to my prayer today for God to supply my need for leave, my manager graciously gave me 2 days off to take, which I can use for the GoForth conference, which means I can save the leave that would have been used for the GoForth conference to go for the missions trip instead!

WHOA~OH~OH!

All praise and glory and wisdom and thanks and honour and power and strength be to our God, forever and ever! Amen!

Oh it's so true - I'm living life on the fine line, but I am learning all the more the great trueness of these verses: "Give us today our daily bread", and the sheer exuberant joy of this verse: "And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work!"

There is simply so much joy when you see how God is able to provide so extravagantly for you in EVERY SINGLE WAY! His grace knows no bound, His goodness knows no end, and His generosity knows no limit! THANK GOD INDEED! :D

Just so happy to see how GOOD GOD IS! Life may not be comfortable, life may be on the thin red line, BUT ONE THING FOR SURE: LIFE IS WORTH THE LIVING, JUST BECAUSE HE LIVES!

Time and money we worry about, but oh, age to age He stands,
And time is in His hand
Beginning and the end,
Beginning and the end...

HOW GREAT IS OUR GOD
SING WITH ME
AND ALL WILL SEE
HOW GREAT
HOW GREAT IS OUR GOD...


Pardon me for typing in all caps... but I'm simply so filled with joy that I can't help myself! HALLELUJAH! :D

:D

Thank You Jesus!

*breathes deeply*

I'm just so happy. Because, there is something else to all this that makes this trip so precious.

Because I'm in charge of organizing the programme for the orphanage that we'll be going to visit.

And you know what? There are about 30+ children there who are 6 years or below.

It struck me as so amazing, because in HopeTots, I help to handle 30+ children who are 6 years and below. It's almost as though God were preparing me for this very mission... the coincidence is simply amazing. And whenever I hear about the orphanage, my heart literally beats faster. I am simply so looking forward to being with the children!

And even more wonderful is that I see how the vision that God showed me back in 2005 is visibly coming to pass! A vision of me sitting on a chair, and telling children from all over the world the story of Jesus... :D

It just touches my heart so deeply. For the Lord promised that He knows the plans that He has for me, plans to prosper me and not to harm me, plans to give me hope and a future! :D And THEN I will call upon Him and come and pray to Him and He will listen to me! Whoa... can there be such love as this?
I believe You'll always lead me
All my days have been ordained for me
All Your thoughts toward me are holy
Full of love and grace...
Surely I was born for such a time as this.

To think that He planned all these things for me even before I started looking for Him. Who can care so much for you or me, like Jesus does? In fact, He planned all these wonderful things for you and me... long before the beginning of Time.

Thank God for Alan, who shared Ephesians 1 with us so many years ago, about the richness of God's plans and purposes for us... and he made us memorise and meditate on the entire chapter.

And that chapter struck me so deeply there and then, because for the first time, it struck me that God not only wants to save the world - He wants to rope you and me in too to be his fellow partners in saving the world. He calls us to be His fellow agents ala Get SMART: "Saving the world... and loving it!"

And the delight of all this is that I know what the meaning of my life is, I know what I'm on earth for, and I know the hope that He has called me to. He has given me the name Abraham, even though I'm still so far from being a mature and wise man of God... because He sees in me the potential to be a father of many nations. Whoa! Jesus really sees through all my brokennesses and weaknesses and fraility and fallenness... and He makes me grow!
I've found where I belong
I'm a living stone
In this house I will grow...
:D
I have a destiny I know I shall fulfill
I have a destiny in that city on a hill
I have a destiny, it's not an empty wish
For I know that I was born for such a time as this...




I also commented to Jason as I was walking back with him, how at the church camp back in 2002, at Winsfield House about that night, when he and I were sitting at a stone table at 2.30 in the morning. A cool, breezy moonlit nite. :)

We were sharing with each other about our dreams to go on missions for the Lord. Fast forward six years later, and it turns out that by God's wonderful grace, we are going on the same missions trip together to Kenya.

Even though both of us didn't get to go to where we'd originally planned... God took us by our hands and led us to where He wants us to go. I'm just marvelling at the sheer intricate design of the Master Weaver's plans.

The Master Weaver. Ravi Zacharias wrote a book on that. I should go down one day to Tecman and buy a copy.

:D Joy.

No comments: