Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Being Operationally Ready for Missions

Sijia was my CL back in NUS. Gosh... it's so heartwarming, this marriage proposal.


Anyway, Marcus' now in a relationship (it's on his Facebook status), and LOL, he and his special one joined us in our ex-CG gathering on Sunday. :) no prizes for guessing who's the Chosen One... ROFL!

Oh, and I just read in another brother's blog about how God helped him to get a Hello Kitty for his special one... OMG it's romantic haha.



Haha. I guess, to be honest, when your friends, even those younger than you, start getting hitched, there's the "how about me?" question that arises in your heart. But thank God for Peter's encouragement, that there is a time for everything and a season for every activity under heaven. Just as there is a season for relationships, so there is a season for singlehood. :) And he smiled, and told me, "Make the most of your singlehood, while it lasts."

:D

And it's such a great joy to be single even now, 'cos the more I observe the load of responsibilities that come with a relationship, the more I appreciate my availability and mobility... like right now. How I'm so available to just pack up and re-deploy to anywhere He wants me to go - even to Africa!

*whee - does little tribal jig*

:) Yeah. There is a time for war and a time for peace. Now is the time of war for me... and how funny it is that Peter's lending me his army boots tomorrow, since I'll be going to some muddy areas during the trip.

Fitting my feet with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. Being operationally ready, mission mobilisation 24/7. Cool! :D Must be a visual sign from God then.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha, it's not HELLO KITTY right? i thought it was MARIE CAT. P/S. i'm spamming your blog with my comments now hahaha. -joyce

Anonymous said...

You are the Spam Queen, Ms Joyce Chi Wenya!!! haha... I shall remember you when I go to Kenya, 'cos it rhymes with Wenya. ROFL.