Sunday, July 27, 2008

Night Safari Visit with Peter White =)

Just came back from Night Safari! :) Went with Joseph to catch up with a very dear old friend, Peter White. He was from Hope Singapore last time, before he went off to church-plant in Chile. :)

Anyway, he's moved back to England now, and he's very happily married to a wonderful sis - her name's Jill. I asked the lovely couple how'd they get to know one another. Peter quipped: "Jill was head of the welcoming team in my church. And I felt very welcome."

Jill laughed, and told me that Peter had a car, while she didn't. So he'd lend her the car keys two days a week, and well, borrow the keys, and return them, and borrow and return... She said, "Peter's a really chivalrous man."

Whoa. Chivalrous... I remember Pastor Jo (or was it Jeff?) saying that we bros need to be more chivalrous, for the sisters' sake! LOL.

Well, from there, a beautiful friendship grew. Very struck by Jill's eagerness to learn - she was asking Joseph about some Chinese words... and her childlike curiosity.

Incidentally, Jill's taller than Peter. Haha... and they're staying 50 miles north of London. So Peter invited me to call him and let him know if I happen to come to London to visit my sister.

Oh yes. There's another sister - I can't remember her exact name - think it's Samantha. She's also from the UK, and she's been serving in World Vision (yes, the one where you can sponsor a kid) in management for about 7 years, 3 in Singapore.

So cool. Asked her what made her want to join. But unfortunately, amidst all the squealing of the creatures in the zoo (the humans, not the animals), I couldn't quite hear her reply. But from what I heard, she worked as a volunteer before she graduated, and so after that, she decided to work full-time in WV. :)

Oh, just a little blessing to thank God for. Found out that my Citibank debit card gives one a $5 discount off per ticket (a hefty undiscounted $32 for admission + tram ride). So helped everyone buy tickets. (They paid me back, though one of them didn't have small change, so she said I made a profit of 20 cents. w00t!)

I wanted to post pics up here... but well, it was dark. It is Night Safari after all. Not to mention the fact I can't find the cable to transfer the pics from my handphone.

Anyway, Peter and his wife will be coming down for second service tomorrow. Gosh! I wonder how the other ppl will respond... haha!

No comments: