Friday, July 11, 2008

2 Chronicles 16:9a
For the eyes of the LORD range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him.

Thank God for this verse that I've been reading the past two days. It really encourages me these few days, especially when I feel more and more inadequate again. And I know that I will be tested again and again, be it during the missions trip, or at home, or in church, or in community, etc. etc.

But with God's help, I shall become myself. As long as my heart is fully committed to Him, He will find me, for His eyes are ranging to and fro throughout the earth.

It encourages me deeply, because the Bible reminds me that His delight is not in a man's natural strength, but in those who fear Him, who put their hope in His unfailing love. He will add on to me strength and capability for whatever He wants me to do. :)

Hee! Just like how I know I'm not a natural planner or organizer, but something I've experienced (and need to remember) in ministry is that when Christ calls me to do something, He also provides me with the wisdom and intelligence and skills needed for the task - as long as I continue to keep my confidence in Him.

I keep remembering how God anointed Joseph with wisdom (in the book of Genesis) for his work... I just find that when I choose to believe and claim what He's already promised in the Bible - His promises really come to pass. Not one of His promises have failed at all.

And I need to remember that, because the constant struggle in my heart is not easy. But it is good, because it makes me need to pray to God constantly, even minute by minute if necessary. Even in moments of melancholy. :) And He's so good - He knows what I need even when at times I can only whisper, "God, help me. God, help me please."

Touched. :) It helps that there is the Kenya missions trip to encourage me on towards whatever prize He's keeping in store for me at the end. Because it's part of His plan for me. Thank You Lord!

No comments: