Monday, July 28, 2008

Ex-NUSB1 CG gathering!

We went to Bowen's house for a steamboat dinner... it was great! Great time catching up with Sijia - she's got a new blog. Very encouraged by her testimonies, and also her burden for the children. :D

And great catching up with the other old friends... Marcus came down too. :)

Oh yes! Something that touched me very much - my dear bros and sisters made me a card when they heard that I'm going to Kenya for the missions trip. This blessing was totally unexpected... whoa! So very, very deeply touched. Felt so supported... yet totally don't deserve it at all - there are other bros and sisters who have gone for missions trips too...

But the thing that most encourages me is that they wrote in the card how inspired and encouraged they were... I hope and pray tt the testimonies that I bring back (with God's help) will in turn encourage and inspire them - whether the children in HopeKids or the students in my old NUS group or the working adults in my units - to obey our Lord Jesus' Great Commission!

"Therefore, go and make disciples of all nations..."

So deeply, deeply, deeply touched by the extreme grace of God... God is just just just so so so good good good to an unworthy sinner like me. I am an unworthy servant - I have only done my duty.

Dear bros and sisters! Let us ask the Lord to give us a heart of compassion, for a world without vision! No matter whether you are totally paralysed or totally able and talented... we must have the same heartbeat for the world as the Father himself... For God so loved the world, that He gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life!

*happy sigh*

It's so wonderful. I mean... how can we be contented to just stay and live "normal" lives in one place our whole lives? God's intended vision and command to Adam, the first man, was to be fruitful and increase in numbers - fill the whole earth and put it under control...

This is the very vision of God, freely available to every human being on the planet! And He invites you, rich or poor, to join together with Him in bringing all the nations, all the tribes, all the peoples, and all the languages of the world together...

Gosh. He has a very exciting job for you and me to do today. Will YOU join in together, hand in hand, to let the whole world know that they can have a relationship with the Creator Himself?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great that you like the card! it's done by our bro eugene. and yes, i could see your surprised face when we handed the card to you... hahah. lovely memories ;) -joyce