Wednesday, July 30, 2008

D-Day Minus 1: The Packing

A very dear friend wrote this for me:
Wrote a haiku for you on a whim:

Go to the far shore
There you will be a beacon
Lighting up the dark

Eh, as you can see, I'm not exactly very poetic.. :p But just to encourage you!

So deeply loved.

And thank God too for Edmund's sheer generosity in lending out his resources... he offered to lend me his precious Canon S2 camera - it costs over $600 - for the missions trip. OMG. I really need a good camera for the missions trip, since I'm in charge of the photos and video-taking, and my handphone camera just isn't going to cut it very well there. :P And yet Edmund wholeheartedly freely offered his resources without batting an eyelid (although he did itemize the things he lent me - good stewardship haha). Dear Lord, please bless him with even more wonderful digital cameras and VIDEO cameras too at no costs, because of this bro's exceeding generosity!

His generosity challenges me, and other bros who are more tight-fisted with their resources, to not only allow, but actively offer, their resources to advance the Kingdom of God! We can learn from men after God's own heart like Edmund indeed here. :D

And thank God too for my dear dad, who upgraded my travel insurance plan to Superior from Classic... at his own cost!

And thank God too for Peter, who lent me his "Ali Baba" bag for the children's toys and books, and for the boots too.

And thank God too for Jason, my financial planner, who gave me a lift to Edmund's place - it was so timely, because with the heavy Ali Baba bag and the boots and the backpack and the camera and the dunno-what-else load... he drove by at the right time and place! It was so timely because I was physically and mentally very tired after a long day at the office... and he drove me back home too!

Praise God for His perfect timing, providence and sheer goodness. Think what I can make sense out of this so far is that if we throw ourselves delightedly and joyfully and enthusiastically into doing the work of the Lord and/or giving to His work, God WILL empower and bless our work in ways we cannot imagine.

As it is written, "Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work."

This verse is becoming SO REAL in my life... it is SO SO SO EXCITING TO SEE THE PROMISES OF GOD REALLY COME TO PASS. AND I AM NOT ASHAMED TO TYPE THIS IN ALL CAPS, BECAUSE IT IS TRUE, AND I MUST SHOUT OUT HIS PRAISES FROM THE TOP TO THE BOTTOM OF THE INTERNET!

Hee! :D

No comments: