Monday, July 7, 2008

Prayed at MacRitchie Reservoir last night. Serenely dark and beautiful. Thank God for the time truly. Just poured out to God all my worries and everything that was on my mind... then apologised to Him, saying, "Sorry Lord, I think I'm talking too much here... I ought to be listening to You, to let You get a word in."

But 1 Peter 5:7 instantly came to mind: "Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you."

Whoa. So touched by God's care, that the Lord of all the universe would actually take time to stoop down to listen to a worried child's ramblings. :)

And you know, something very interesting happened too. While I was praying, I looked up at the night sky, and I saw the clouds... gosh, it looked a lot like a face... a big gentle face, sorta like Michaelangelo's Sistine Chapel (but a lot less stern haha)... and it looked a lot like it was smiling at me. And the rest of the clouds looked like a huge arm encircling me. Really. I spun around and saw the extent of the clouds.

And at that moment, to be honest, I was quite scared. What if it REALLY was God appearing to me... you know, like how He appeared to the Israelites in a cloud in the Old Testament? I was scared, because the "face" really did look so real... and HUGE.

Think I got a tiny taste of how the people in the Old Testament must have felt, seeing the glory of the Lord coming down in a cloud. It struck me then that when God really wanted to connect with us... He chose no longer to come down in a terrifying cloud of power, but as a frail baby. To paraphrase John Donne, "Immensity clothed in dear flesh..."
Revelation 1:7
Look, he is coming with the clouds,
and every eye will see him,
even those who pierced him;
and all the peoples of the earth will mourn because of him. So shall it be! Amen.

But so touched by His realness and His love... who am I, that the Lord of heaven and earth would care for a little worm like me? "What is man, that You are mindful of him, the son of man that You care for him?"

I'm very refreshed and renewed by that time of prayer. It was long, and I struggled at the start, taking a nap even... but it was worth it. Because I think I managed to see the face of God for just even a very little, little moment. :) So... I'm inspired to sleep earlier tonight to wake up earlier tomorrow... just to seek Him even more.

Jesus is just so, so good... He is sweeter than the sweetest honey that you've ever tasted. And no, these words are not mushy sentimental words of an emo fellow... they are lifted right up from the very Bible itself. For the mighty warrior King David exclaimed, "O taste and see that the Lord is good! For He taste like honey, sweet honey in the rock." :D w00t!

No comments: