Friday, June 8, 2007

What a friend we have in Jesus!

Just want to thank God for this morning. :) Beautiful golden sunshine. And also how He lifted up my spirits today.

'Cos feeling very tired, with negative thoughts coming in constantly. As usual, had a very hard time controlling my thoughts - tired and exhausted and feeling useless, unloved and unappreciated.

Realised that this was discouragement - and unfortunately, it's one of Satan's most effective and powerful weapons. It's just so subtle, the way discouragement deliciously draws you into the miry pit of despair. Even people with the gift of encouragement can be discouraged!

But praise God for His grace to me. After msging HQ to keep me in prayer, somehow Psalm 22 came to mind. And as I sang it, the words really ministered to me - somehow the psalm really spoke for me the words that I wanted to say, but didn't know how to say.

"My God, my God, why have You forsaken me?
Why are you so far from saving me,
so far from the words of my groaning?
O my God, I cry out by day, but you do not answer,
by night and am not silent."

Thus, was reminded again that Jesus is truly my dearest Friend. The way that He understands the deepest needs, hurts and pains of our hearts. And how He accepts me, even when I'm at my lowest and ugliest. And He is willing to listen to our feelings and thoughts in such a way that you feel even more loved and understood like never before.

Hee. And I remember, He really understand exactly how I feel. Because those words from Psalm 22 that I wrote just now were the same words that He cried out in utter agony when He was on the cross.

What a friend we have in Jesus
All our sins and griefs to bear!
What a privilege to carry
Everything to God in prayer!
O what peace we often forfeit
O what needless pain we bear
All because we do not carry
Everything to God in prayer...


Dear friend, are you feeling weak today? Feeling useless? or... really ARE useless? :) Fear not... Jesus is our best Friend, and as we pray to Him, and allow His love to fill our hearts through His Holy Spirit, He will turn Useless into Useful... He will bring beauty from our pain. "Beauty that made, This heart adore You..."

Have we trials and temptations?
Is there trouble anywhere?
We should never be discouraged;
take it to the Lord in prayer.
Can we find a friend so faithful
who will all our sorrows share?
Jesus knows our every weakness;
take it to the Lord in prayer.


Edited to add: Hee, a dear friend msged me just now, right after I posted this entry. Praise God for His faithfulness... feel very encouraged by the message.

Oh HQ asked me what my negative thoughts are like normally. Hmm. That's a good question... need to grow!

No comments: