Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Think Of His Love...

Today was a good day, thank God... my job's really quite enjoyable (apart from the occasional debugging session), and thank God for His help, have been building closer relationships with my colleagues. =) Patience does work wonders... God is wise indeed!

Like how Peter's msg put it so memorably: "Situations are not always flavourable one. Trust God." :) (Memorable spelling! haha)

But yeah, taking a step back further, I was reminded (or refreshed?) of something while pondering about John 21 that I read today. Somehow (perhaps it's the Holy Spirit's help?), I was reminded that there's really more to the Christian life than just asking God for His blessings and receiving them. It's about His love behind the blessings that He gives us. And if we remember His love behind all these blessings, we'll be able to prevail through the drier periods. And even when we find it hard to remember His love, His Word will always remind us of how much He loves us.

Like,
John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have everlasting life."

Psalm 36:7-10
How priceless is your unfailing love!
Both high and low among men
find refuge in the shadow of your wings.
They feast on the abundance of your house;
you give them drink from your river of delights.
For with you is the fountain of life;
in your light we see light.
Continue your love to those who know you,
your righteousness to the upright in heart.


Think maybe I should get that book, "Love Beyond Reason", again... maybe I can lend it to another bro too... think it would encourage him a lot =)

Hope and pray that my heart will be like what this verse says:
1 Pet 1:8-9
"Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, for you are receiving the goal of your faith, the salvation of your souls"

Thank You so much, dear Father, for loving me so much, and blessing me with so many blessings, both in big and small ways... even though I fail to thank You for 99% of all these blessings You have given me. Please forgive me for my ungrateful heart, and renew in me a thankful heart for Your love towards me. In Jesus' most precious name amen.

princes and paupers
sons and daughters
kneel at the throne of grace
losers and winners
saints and sinners
one day will see his face

chorus
and we'll all bow down
Kings will surrender their crowns
and worship Jesus
He is the Love of God
yeah

summer and winter
the mountains and the rivers
whisper the Savior's name
awesome and Holy
a friend to the lonely
forever His love will reign

and we'll all bow down
Kings will surrender their crowns
and worship Jesus
for He is the love, unfailing love
He is the Love of God

No comments: