Saturday, June 9, 2007

True Community: We Are Leaky Vessels Leaking Unto Others

Wow, feel very uplifted and supported. God did hear my prayer for help... and He answered it in so many ways! But just that I was too blur to see, until I reflected just now on today.

For example, Huaqiang messaged me a few very gentle encouragement messages (much more gentle than I deserve actually!), and Jitsy messaged to ask whether I'm ok. (Thanks, bro sis! Really appreciate it so much - I'm storing them in my hp!)

And Weizhu called me all of a sudden, out of the blue, like a flash of lightning, in all serendipity, today while I was at my desk. He called to see how I am (after reading my blog). Touched... think that's something very endearing about WZ... and something that I realise that is really part of what makes Weizhu the Wei that he is. (Sorry bro, couldn't resist that pun! :P)

And Ellson just happened to drop a message on gmail asking me how's work. Not sure if he read my blog... if he didn't, wow, that's really a clear sign that God sent him along... and even if he did, cool, God musta led him to read my blog. Haha... Either way, God is good! :)

Peijing came over to say hi to me when my department was having a fire-drill today. Actually I saw her first, but felt quite paiseh to say hi to her even though we're both from the same unit. Somehow, it feels quite different when you meet each other in church, and when you're at work. But thank God for her, she saw me and came over to say hi and chat with me. Hee. It's really quite a blessing having a fellow Hope member working in the same workplace as you. Hope we can meet up for lunch real soon! :D Reminds me of what Alan shared with us about the SubD vision - to build Acts communities in all sectors and industries. Amen!

And if Seeto joins the same department as PJ and me, then w00t, we'll be able to form a "care-corner!" Feeling very eager about this, but hee, from experience back in Army, it'll definitely have to start out from very small. But again then, the Kingdom of God is a mustard seed that starts small, but grows and grows and grows. And that's all that really matters. If Jesus is with us, then nothing can be against us! :D Amen!

Kangwei and I went to Junction 8 in the evening. He wanted to buy a belt from Goldlion. Was simple chop-chop business. Then we came to that Christian T-shirt stall in J8 that sells, well, T-shirts with Christian messages emblazoned on them. Like, y'know, imported from America, dude. Very hip. So hip they make your hips hop! :P Found a very cool T-shirt that said, "D.A.D.: 'As for me and my household, we'll serve the LORD.'" Think I'll buy that T-shirt for my dad. Maybe I'll buy one for myself too and wear to HopeTots next time!

(And oh, saw the same kind of T-shirt that Joyce has: "Some Day My Prince Will Come..." I guess that's the stall you bought your T-shirt from yeah? (: )

*******
So just leaning back and thinking about today. Today I interacted with a lot of people, esp brothers and sisters in Christ (including my manager). And I was reminded of something... very comforting and refreshing truth actually. God has made each one of us unique. Yes, it's a very simple truth, but actually the implications of that truth are profound.

"If Nobody is Perfect, then I am Nobody!" ;)


Because I tend to keep comparing myself to others, what they have in quality/skill/character that I do not have. Thus, I feel very unhappy if I can't meet up to my own internal expectations - which is to be Mr. Perfect - "Beyond Godlike!!" (Ah, pride again!)


I wanna be StormAssassin...


However, I am reminded that this is actually God's work of grace in my life - to humble me and remind me that I'm simply a spiritual orphan, saved by grace, and definitely not by what I can do. Therefore, I just have to accept the fact that I'm not strong in certain areas of my life, and others will always be stronger than me.

Think this paragraph from someone's blog really helped knock some timely much-needed sense into my head:
Someone I am still amazed at for their wisdom, said to me some time ago, "When you're concerned with one broken part, you don't realise how well and functional the other parts are." The thing about this someone is that they don't spend the entire day sitting around and thinking about life, yet when a situation arises in which they are moved to speak, they speak God's words of healing and hope; out of their own experience, and out of the love that God has given them. God's love through His people.


Which brings us to the next section...

We Are Leaky Vessels Leaking Christ's Aroma of Love, Healing and Hope


And that is precisely why God put other people into my life - because each of us has strengths, giftings and talents that no one else can match - they help to support and strength you and me where we are weak. This, dear friend, is what true community is all about - Ephesians 4:16 "From [Christ] the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work." We interlink and help our fellow brothers and sisters succeed in all aspects of their lives, be it in career, family, social skills, mental, emotional, relational, etc.

So I need to always remember to JOYFULLY receive this grace humbly into my life, and to really appreciate the blessing of everyone whom I come across... because every one who belongs to Christ is a beautifully leaky vessel dripping the sweet honey aroma of God's delightful grace into the lives of every one around them. :D Yum-yum!

Thank You, dear Father, for all my dear brothers and sisters in this wonderful family! Thank You Lord for humbling me, teaching me that I do not live unto myself alone, but unto You, and Your Body, which is the Church. Thank You for meeting my needs and supporting me where I am lacking in, through the providential fellowship that You bless me in all the little things of life TODAY. Thank You for giving me the daily bread of fellowship. I just want to thank You Father. In Jesus' most wonderful name, amen!

No comments: