Friday, June 1, 2007

Fasting = One Happy Meal!

Wow, thank God for just now... i feel so much more refreshed, both in body and spirit, after fasting for dinner just now. :D 'cos have been feeling very down the past few days and more prone to negative thoughts, etc.

Was fasting too, 'cos want to prepare myself for my new job tml at Singapore Technologies. Something that struck me when I attended the Missions Conference was that EVERY Christian is called to be a GLOBAL Christian. It all starts from the attitude, the willingness to allow God to use you.

"Not called," you say?
"Not heard the call," I should think instead.


But as Pastor Sandy Lam shared, actually, God doesn't even have to use her... He can use anyone else instead!

Actually He doesn't even have to use humans - He's used a donkey before too! (Remember in the book of Numbers, Balaam's donkey that talked? See, God thought of Shrek first ok... [And I find that God has an incredible tongue-in-cheek humour... the donkey was telling Balaam something like this: "Look here, am I normally in the habit of talking to you?"])

So have been praying to prepare myself for tomorrow... and I feel so much more excited by the possibilities that lie ahead, and at the same time, so much more peaceful, because I know that God has heard my prayers, by faith! :) In a way, it's God's training me for missions in the future... :D Hallelujah!

No comments: