Sunday, June 10, 2007

It's Never About You or Me... It's All About HIM Through You and me!

Today brought Shunrong along with me to help out in HopeTots. Haha, thank God, we were really very blessed by this dear bro's eager and willing spirit to learn and serve. And more than that, it's a great encouragement having a fellow like-minded co-worker in the same ministry and calling as you. Really a great, great encouragement, 'cos I had felt rather alone in this calling to minister to the children, 'cos can't really find any other like-minded bro/sis ready or willing to serve together in the same ministry as me... until today. :D Praise God for His timely provision and faithfulness! :D

Then Ps Jeff preached a very stirring sermon. It was on The Destiny of the Church. From Micah 5:7-9. Divine Blessing and Divine Justice. And Ps Jeff told us that God is going to raise some people to influence the various sectors and industries in the world.

One thing that Ps Jeff said really struck me - "It was never about you all along. It's all about what GOD can do through you!" It was a great encouragement because, as I shared with Peter and Huaqiang, I had been having repeated attacks of constant feelings of inadequacies, feelings that I'm not good or able enough to be used by God. All these feelings in the past one week. Really very sapping. But God is ever so faithful and true! :D "When I was in great need, He saved me."

So I responded during the altar call to let God use whoever He wants to influence. Felt really shy, but was emboldened by faith to raise my hand to respond. And funnily enough, the moment I raised my hand, and when Ps Jeff started praying for those who responded, I felt an unusual powerful feeling rushing into me. Quite startling, 'cos I'm not the kind who usually go for dramatic physical encounters - I tend to be quite sceptical about them to be honest. But this experience, I believe, God allowed this to happen, to encourage me that He is tangibly with me. But more importantly, I need to have faith in God's promises, whether I feel it or not.

So hee, thank God, feel very encouraged by that, 'cos really dunno how I am going to be a positive influence in my workplace and/or nation. But in the end, it's all up to God to decide how He wants to use me - it's just a simple matter of surrendering myself to Him and walking in the light of His many promises in the Bible. :)

For the Lord is looking for the man and woman who will dare to claim His superlative promise fully through obedient faith! And we ought to take His promises just as they are written, without a single trace of doubt, no matter how superlatively they are written. Because our God is a SUPERLATIVE God!

And oh yes, my dear shep shared a wonderful testimony with me how God used him to invite a colleague... even though he had no idea how to transit into spiritual conversation, God gave him an opportunity at the last possible moment, and his colleague started asking him questions about church... so, tada, he managed to invite his colleague for the commencement and Alpha sessions! All in a row! Praise God!

So in the end, it is never about you or me, but rather, what GOD can do through you and me! :D Amen!

No comments: