Monday, June 4, 2007

Consecration

Just sense very strongly tt Daddy's impressing on my heart about being consecrated to Him in recent days, through a prophetic prayer during last unit meeting, during the Missions Conference, through reading a book that Huaqiang/Sarah lent me, through some wonderful and disappointing experiences very recently... I think through all these, He wants me to be consecrated to Him, so tt He can send me out for missions. "Consecrate yourselves, for tomorrow the LORD will do amazing things among you." (Joshua 3:5)

Just find my heart desiring more and more to be fully consecrated to Him, and I'm really praying to Him to consecrate, to set me apart for missions - even if it means a lifetime of singlehood. Just find singlehood becoming more and more appealing - esp after Jianming's testimony today. Wow... this really has to be the the power of the Holy Spirit to transform my heart's innermost desires. :D

So I responded to the altar call today during Missions Service to be one of those who are sent out for missions. And this verse came to mind - though I'm not sure whether it was the Holy Spirit, or my own thought - “For many are called, but few are chosen.” (Matthew 22:14)

Initially, I thought this verse was saying that the "few" of us who responded to the altar call are those who are chosen... A subtle but proud thought, I think. But after checking two Bible commentaries to understand this verse better, realised that in context, this verse actually speaks more abt repentance... so yeah, after reflection, think God is saying that though He calls many of us, only a few of us actually make it... even though I respond, will I be willing to give my all to Him? So many of us say, "I will go", but we do not in the end. Yet others say, "I will not go,"... but in the end they decide to obey the Lord and go after all.

So yeah, realised tt it is a very hard decision to make, to decide to set apart my entire life for God's purpose, to be willing to stay single for the rest of my life, so tt i can devote myself fully to His calling... felt was going to weep actually, a difficult decision to make - not easy for me... but these words that I read encouraged me very much: "No one who trusts in Me will be desolate." AMEN!

And I know it's really the best decision after all... because he who wants to save his life will lose it, but he who loses his life for Jesus and the gospel will find it. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha im here to tag again. i'm glad for ur heart for missions =) really hope to be able to learn more frm u regarding missions as well.. remb God doesnt call the qualified, but qualifies those He calls. =) joyce.

Anonymous said...

Hey tks a lot sis! :D amen, yes, God doesn't need to use me at all, yet He in all His unfathomable love chose to choose me. =)

And you are one of those whom God has used to influence me in stirring up once again a burden for missions, sis... Remember tt time u shared abt ur missions trip to the Philippines last year, when you just joined our CG? I remember most clearly these words tt you said, to paraphrase... "It's so exciting, allowing God to use me... through this missions trip, I've learnt that I no longer live, but Christ lives in me." (sorry, dun think i'm doing tt quote justice... hee! :P)

Yep, we all help one another... tk God for u sis! :D

Anonymous said...

Amen! yup it's from Galatians 2:20a - I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me.. -joyce.