Friday, June 1, 2007

My First Day At (Full-Time) Work

Now sitting here typing on a borrowed laptop - they say I'm going to get my own laptop to use in about a week's time. w00t! :)

Just really want to thank God for a great day today so far. Think God has answered my prayers, and is answering my prayers gradually, according to His perfect plan and timing. Quite an interesting and diverse bunch of guys - yes, it's swarming with guys all over in this office. Seriously, it's 95% guys in the office and 5% ladies - the realities of being a software engineer. And it felt like my NS days all over again, when I recognised the familiar "RESTRICTED" headers and footnotes. That, and did I mention the guys?

Not to say that it's a monastery over here - my software team leader is getting married next year, and the guy next to my cubicle is a father - a very friendly guy too.

Very interesting... oh yeah, I was reading a Christian book while waiting for the laptop to come too, and my team leader came along, and saw me reading it, so he asked me whether I was a Christian. Told him yes, and he asked me which church I come from. So I wondered whether he was a Christian too, but he said no. But I guess, from his question, that he must have been invited to church before. Anyway, he told me that some of the people behind my back are Christians too. Wow. That's good...

Ah. My team leader told me that our boss REALLY is a good boss - patient and very nice (and he wasn't joking or being sarcastic - he really was sincere). That sounds really good. Thank God! :D

Still taking time to adjust... it's pretty cold in here. But quite cool, just came back from a long lunch.

Dear Lord, help me be a blessing and good support and encourager to my teammates in time to come. And please help me learn the ropes of my project quickly, to pick up the skills and give me wisdom, innovation and perseverance to shine for You in this workplace. To bring You all the glory, both now and forever. In Jesus' most precious name, amen!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey yeuann! guess u have gotten ur g2000 shirts already? =) anw, shine for Jesus at work! be a great worker for God. joyce.

Anonymous said...

Good to hear your first day of work has been good. Keep shining for Christ where you are bro!