Monday, February 12, 2007

"Friendships that anchor our hearts"

while praying for some frens today, i was just struck by how friendship is such an important anchor for me. somehow, the thought and knowing that you have close frens who remember and shows u care in the busyness of life, injects such a dose of strength. And i know this is not just a surge of warm feeling that lasts only for the moment, i'm glad that these friendships are based on real foundations, set in place through the years of serving together, and sticking by one another through the bad times. We don't get to meet often, but the moments we spend together energizes us for periods ahead (e.g the saturday late nite karaoke :p). Am so glad to have frens like this.


Read this from Shirley's blog, and I'm reminded as well that I have so many blessings to count! I've been so very supported emotionally by my dear friends back in NUS ministry, especially the MACHO Turbo bros, who have been my "life support" while I adjust to Adults ministry. Special thanks to Zhiwei, who is far, far, far more than a "follow-uppee" to me - you are a very, very, very dear friend to me, and I truly thank God that I got to know you as my friend AND brother. :) (Are you melting now? Haha...)

And it's not only the NUS ppl too - I mean, c'mon the bros and sisters in Adults are not that jialat lah... :P oops my fault, I think I make them sound very jialat...

Thank God also for my dear CL Huaqiang, for my shep Peter, for buddies like Robert and Weizhu, and also ppl in my CG like Sarah and Sharon and Shawn... very blessed too by Jack's friendly pat. =) Seriously, I think it's true that very simple things like a warm smile, a friendly pat or a kind word/deed really go a long, long, long way in helping someone feel encouraged and supported. =)

Have you encouraged someone today? =) It's never too late to let your friend know that, at this very moment, someone out there is loving him/her.

Philippians 1:3-10
I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

It is right for me to feel this way about all of you, since I have you in my heart; for whether I am in chains or defending and confirming the gospel, all of you share in God's grace with me. God can testify how I long for all of you with the affection of Christ Jesus.

And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God.

No comments: