Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Hee, just really want to thank God for the good time yesterday with my family :) and oh yeah, really enjoyed getting to know my bro-in-law more too =)


My paternal grandparents from a long time ago. My grandma was a Peranakan Nyonya. Discovered this photo after chatting with one of my aunties, which made me curious about my family ancestry. Especially so, since I'd never seen my dad's parents - they died before I was born. And apparently my great-great grandfather was a capitan of industry in Singapore i.e. he was a rich towkay. =)

And I found out from my mum that my maternal grandma (born in Singapore) was adopted at a young age, so she didn't know who her real parents were, whereas my ma's father came from Guangdong (Canton). But surprisingly, my grandpa could speak more English than my grandma, and I think my grandpa served as a police constable during the Emergency, and was awarded some certificate in recognition for his service during that difficult time in Singapore's history. :))) And I remember hearing first-hand from my grandpa that he was nearly taken away to be executed during the Japanese Occupation, but for some strange reason, the lorry that was supposed to take him to the killing fields was too full, so the Japanese soldier on duty waved him away.

Praise God for His mercy... or else I wouldn't have been here today.

Wow. It's really very interesting, finding out more about your family history. :)


Some of my extended family :)





One of my uncles (one of my favourite uncles :)) and his granddaughter aka my niece (she's very adorable!)



My newest nephew. He's so sweet. :) Prayed a little prayer of blessing for this little child of God when I was carrying him my arms. :)



Three generations in one photo - the father, the son and... one spirited lil' granddaughter. ;)





Two of my other uncles in a lively discussion. The one on the right is an ubergeek of sorts - he's in the computer security business and is an avid shutterbug too... he's been making his own LED flashlight to do extreme macro closeups of two centimetres only!



My dad, mum, sis and bro-in-law. Took this in Chinatown.


A family reunion steamboat dinner at home :) Initially, Nick was reluctant to eat quite a lot of the Singaporean food when he first came, more because he's a fussy eater - he likes potatoes a LOT. But he opened his mouth to try the food, and well, suffice it to say that he's enjoying himself a lot now - while reminding his wife not to eat too much too. ;)

*******
Thank God for my family - didn't realise how much was missing until my sis came back from England again. And something that I learnt from this experience was that a family really isn't complete until each and everyone of us is together, one in heart and spirit. Somehow, there's a great unity that arises when every one of the family is present. If one suffers, the rest suffer too, and if one rejoices, the rest rejoice too. :)

Wow... really thank God for the timely sermon on family ties last Friday. Praise God - He has really really answered my prayers for me to deepen my r/ps wif my family... =D Also got the opportunity to listen to my bro-in-law share about his dreams, aspirations and passions... very enriching time! :D And got to keep in touch wif one of my fav cousins, Elena... gave her my blog address. She's been a great encouragement to me as a fellow sister in Christ! :D Hee hee... And found out that one of my aunties has been faithfully praying for me (without me even knowing abt it) regarding my life and my job search and other things... she's a very godly woman who really loves the Lord a lot. :D

ok very late tink i log off now... Elena, if you're reading this, just want to say thanks a dozen for all those testimonies that u share wif me - they bless me very much! :D tk care, praying for ya too! :D

No comments: