Saturday, February 10, 2007

News of Great jOY!

Winnie's grandma just received Christ! Her grandma's very old - about 92 years old - and she's very ill - could pass away anytime.

So Win's been burdened for her grandma for the past 2 years or so... and she didn't really know how to share to her the Gospel, 'cos her Teochew's quite elementary, but God helped her share all the same.

Praise God! :D He's so cool! :D

Hee... reminds me of last year, when I was sowing on Zhiwei before he came to know Christ... we had just watched a movie, and I was praying for a way to tell him about Christ. Didn't know how to begin, so we kept on chatting and chatting while I was praying earnestly in my heart for God to make a way. Then, this fellow comes by and tries to persuade us to buy some stuff. Then after he goes off, Zhiwei comments that the would-be seller's quite pushy.

Pushy? Hmm! Idea leh... So I ask him, "Have there been times when people tried to evangelise to you, but you find them being too pushy?"

"Evangelise? What's that?"

So I explain to him - and oh, I happily evangelise to him too on the way. After I finish, he looks at me and wryly says, "I think I've just been evangelised to."

And we both laughed.

God's so faithful, so way cool. (: lolx.

Also reminds me of yesterday, when some of us went down to celebrate Guannie's bday: Was talking with a bro earlier on. We were talking about evangelism, and he shared with me some of his struggles in this area. Thank God for his openness... :)

Think the two chats wif Win and him reminds me that I need to keep on evangelising even now that I'm in the Adults ministry, to help tell others about Jesus too! To be honest, it's all too easy for me to see sharing the good news about God's love and grace as a chore... but one thing we forget: the gospel REALLY HAS POWER TO TRANSFORM LIVES! Amen!

Hee... think that's the main reason that motivates me to want to keep on sharing... not because it's a "die-die must bring converts in" - I mean, that's so LAME... no, it's simply because I've tasted God's sheer goodness, mercy and love... that I really really really want to jio others to come taste and see that He's really shiok! :D

And also because, on a more sober note - it's a rescue mission too - it's really about love. I see so many people, including my own sister, needing God's love - but they go running off after things that can't fill their hearts enough... sometimes I just want to break down and cry - so great is the pain.

And I realise that the pain I feel is just a small, small, skin-prick, compared with the anguish that God feels everytime one of these precious lives are lost.

'Cos God says in the Old Testament:
Ezekiel 33:10-12 (New International Version)
"Say to them, 'As surely as I live, declares the Sovereign LORD, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn from their ways and live. Turn! Turn from your evil ways! Why will you die, O house of Israel?'"


Yup... =)

No comments: