Friday, February 23, 2007

Kindness Begets Kindness


"For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and give His life as a ransom for many." Mark 10:45

Quite a few things happened to me today. And because of that, felt moody and angry with myself especially.

But, in my anxiety, God sent me some people who were kind to me. Even those who weren't initially kind, somehow, they became kind to me, and my heart felt so lifted up after that.

Funny how all these things start happening after I pray to God to humble me, to renew in me a humble and contrite spirit. :) God's so good.

Realised something about today's incidents: "An anxious heart weighs a man down, but a kind word cheers him up." And I realised that kindness is something that I need to show more to others, just as others have shown kindness to me - esp in the midst of my anxiety.

Because kindness helps bring joy to others, including me too. =) "Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemn. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. Give, and it will be given to you... For with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you."

As the song puts it so simply:
"Everyone needs forgiveness
The kindness of a Saviour
The hope of nations..."


Hee. Thank God so much. I think He's teaching me to be a kinder and gentler human. =) And I didn't even know that I needed to grow in kindness, despite all the subtle hints that He'd been saying through the Bible. But that's our God and Saviour - so big-hearted, so kind, and so wise and wonderful. Our Father knows what we need to grow in even before we ask Him to help us grow! :) aMeN!

So I think I know what I need to DO now... do some kind deeds and say some kind words to those in need today. :) My parents and my friends need a lot of it. =)

The Bible says, in Ephesians 4:32:
"Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you."

Think some role models whom I can especially learn from in the area of kindness are Weizhu, Peter and Shuyi. Zhiwei too! :) Thank God for you guys - you've been beautiful examples for me in kindness...

No comments: