Thursday, February 8, 2007

Oh God. Can't I have the gift of celibacy? It would be such a gift, seriously. :) No worries, no troubles... and no swinging back and forth, getting distracted. :)

*******
Oh! on a brighter and joyous note, I bumped into Cuong this morning, the bro I brought to Christ in my first year in NUS. Though he decided to commit to the Navigators instead of joining my church, I'm so encouraged by his growth in Christ... he's mentoring a few younger brothers now, and is serving God faithfully, even though he's very tired after his work. Wow... what a joy to know that by God's grace, Dehua and I reached out to Cuong when I was in my 1st year and Dehua in his 4th... and see how Cuong has grown in his conviction and burden for God... He shared with me his burden to see his own people come to know Christ too, even though it will not be easy, esp in his own country.

Wow, so thankful to God... these are the moments when I'm reminded that it really is worth it all, to share and share the Gospel with those around me... when you reach out to one person - remember, in years to come, he could reach an entire nation, and an entire nation could be saved, simply because you were faithful to share Christ with one person. That's the sheer power of God.

Then went for career fair at NUS SRC. :) Was intending to go down with Tamar, but we didn't manage to meet up in the end. :P

Then had a wonderful lunch with Swee Leong. REally thank God for this dear bro, for his sweet spirit and openness - very very refreshed by this dear bro. :)

*******
And was talking with Swee later on today. He shared with me about that night when I shared openly with some of the other brothers about the sisters that I liked - his shepherd was there too, and had told Swee that we should be more open like that too. :) To help build up closeness among the brothers. Reminds me of what Zhenzhong shared with us.

It struck me as very meaningful, because last time, Hanhui and some other bros made me share abt the sisters that I liked, during my bday celebration - (it was a bros' only bday celeb). I was very unwilling to share, but HH explained to me why he was doing that - if I don't take the initiative to share even abt the sisters I like with the other bros (it was a group of bros who are closer than the usual CG gathering), then how can I grow in closeness with the other bros? As Fengqi taught me, "Openness breeds openness."

[Qualifier: Such openness isn't for everyone. It's only for a closer and trusted group. HH had made the bros' group covenant with one another that they would NEVER spill anything that was shared in private in the group. Trust is critical for true openness to grow.]

So the reason I was able to share much more openly with the bros 2 years on was because of what HH did for me. Thank God for you, dearest bro! :) I believe what you did 2 years ago sowed seed, and now a future generation of younger bros are learning to bond and grow in depth of relationship and brotherhood, because of the legacy that you passed on.

No comments: