Monday, February 12, 2007

Just really want to thank God for a wonderful time of prayer just now. =) Was just sharing with Him things on my mind, plus asking Him for directions and guidance regarding my life and future career, and hee, my future wife too. :)

So think Daddy is encouraging me with Psalm 37:3-6, with regards to my job search and life vision (not only about the future wife part haha).

v3-4:
"Trust in the LORD and do good;
dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.
Delight yourself in the LORD
and he will give you the desires of your heart."


Yup, think God is assuring me that as long as I keep Him in the centre of my focus, and continue to do good, to take delight in Him, He'll bless me with the best kind of job that I will enjoy... =)

And also, while I was praying, these words came to my mind: "All God's Children."
Think it's very meaningful, bcos I think last time, God showed me a vision of me taking care of a large group of children, and telling them the story of Jesus... and I think this could be a clearer revealing of His calling for me... 'cos I find myself having an increasing burden to take care of and defend abused and hurt children. Think maybe if I open an orphanage next time, I'll call it "All God's Children". :)

Think these verses may be confirming the words and vision together:
v5-6:
"Commit your way to the LORD;
trust in him and he will do this:
He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn,
the justice of your cause like the noonday sun."


And I think He showed me how the callings for media and children can come together: I could do media that show the plight of abused and hurt children... not just that, but also help to educate children in future, etc. etc. Honestly, I've no idea how this is going to be done, and if this is the way that God wants me to do it. :P

But I take my inspiration from others who have stepped out in faith, e.g. Mother Teresa... Jim Elliot... William Carey... etc... hee, tho I really am very, very, very below them in terms of character, strength and godliness, I know that even if I'm just a very small jar of clay, well, Jesus can use any kind of vessel for His purpose, as long as it's a clean and faithful one. :)

Hee, one thing for sure - I guess this does help narrow down my options for my future spouse... she must love children, that's for sure! But thing is, I think a lot of sisters love children, so I guess that narrows it down a bit.

Yup, let's commit our ways to the LORD, and He will do great and wonderful things that we can't even dare to think of! =D aMeN!

No comments: