Monday, February 5, 2007

My New CG!

Haha... on a ligher note, it's really a blessing getting to know my new CG today. :) Feel very blessed to be part of this new CG, and for the brothers and sisters who welcomed me in. :)

Something that I've observed - my new CG's also very quiet. Just like my other CGs during my time in NUS ministry. Haha... God has a funny sense of humour. ;)

Think God spoke to me during worship time. That this CG is the new family that He's put me in. And what the speaker shared during Holy Comm confirmed exactly what God impressed on my heart. :) So touched by His words of confirmation and assurance. =)

Think it's going to be a new way from here, but looking back at what I've learnt during NUS ministry, I'm so grateful for the bros and sisters who taught and equipped me and guided and rebuked and corrected me wisely during that time. Because I think all the experiences and teachings that I've learnt during my time in NUS, they will be priceless in this new ministry.

I've been in the Adults ministry before I came to NUS, but this time round, it's really different. Back then, I was really one of the youngest people around in the Adults ministry, and hee, my older bros and sisters really took good care of me (and patiently put up with my immature antics and behaviour too).

But now, it's entering back again, no longer as a younger bro, but as a peer, a fellow adult looking for work. Different times bring different expectations. But one truth stands eternal: Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever! :D

Hope and pray I can have (and always keep!) this attitude in my heart as I start by building stronger relationships with my bros and sisters in my new CG (thank God for Peter's wise advice here):
[The apostle Paul wrote,] "For I am the least of the apostles and do not even deserve to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect. No, I worked harder than all of them—yet not I, but the grace of God that was with me."


Kin Wee, Robert and Peter shared with me that building relationships, especially in the new culture of the Adults ministry, calls for a lot of time and effort on your own initiative. You can't meet at HQ, you'll have to purposely fix lunch dates and appointments, you'll have to put in more time and energy - and of course, you'll get misunderstood and rejected from time to time.

Yet, I think I do want to build close relationships in this new ministry, because it's the incredible love and grace of God, which I NEVER deserved at all, that spurs me on to want to do the same. I want to put in my 110%, while juggling work and family life, to bless and serve my dear brothers and sisters - yet not I, but the grace of God that is even now with me. :) Because I lost my fire for God during my darkest moment in NUS ministry, but He graciously caught me and wonderfully relit the fire in my heart again!

Man, oh man, we REALLY serve a great and gracious Lord and Saviour! :D

No comments: