Thursday, February 15, 2007

God's love is wonderful! :)

Today bumped into Dr Chung. Wow, praise God - v timely haha. Some very significant things that she mentioned to me. Shared with Jan - he's one of the few people who can understand just how meaningful this particular experience is to me. Remembered RF's words: "Walk right with God, and He'll walk right with you!" And Jesus reminding me that we, his disciples, will stand before kings and governors in His name... "On account of Me you will stand before governors and kings as witnesses to them..."

So struck by God's faithfulness. Think it's something I won't be able to share in full yet, but amazed at how true His promises are.

Psalm 37:4-6
"Delight yourself in the LORD
and he will give you the desires of your heart.

Commit your way to the LORD;
trust in him and he will do this:

He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn,
the justice of your cause like the noonday sun."


*******
CG today at Vivocity. Wonderful - we made roses for the sisters. =) And got to know a new friend there. He struck me as one who has been through very deep experiences, and as a result of that, has very meaningful insights into life. We had this presentation on what we think love is, and when I heard him share: "Love is not taking others for granted," it wasn't just the words, but the way that he said it that really makes you realise that what he says is very true. Reminds me of "Tuesdays with Morrie". =)

Wow, life in Adults ministry is so much more different, in surprising ways than I expected. You really get to meet people from very different walks of life, and you realise that the human race is made up of more than just university students. ;) And you realise how little you really knew all along, and how much more God-given wisdom some of these people have. If only some of my shallower friends could get to know these people...

And not just so, I realised that frankly, our cultural and differences can be so big that only the blood of Christ is powerful enough to bond us together. But, Lord, what a glorious bond!

"But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near through the blood of Christ.

For he himself is our peace, who has made the two one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility..."


Life as an adult IS very much more challenging. But I realised - it can also be so much richer - if I'm willing to open my eyes and see life as Jesus intended me to see it. For He said, "I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." =)

No comments: