Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Moment of Darkness

Hmm. Just feeling another wave of discouragement again. Whoosh! Hmmmmm... the Philip Yancey talk was good. But to be honest, I feel really inadequate for writing. =\ I guess it's probably because I don't really get much comments on my blog, which makes me ask myself whether I really have any writing talent.

I dunno. I feel rather lost here. What skills or talents do I have that is outstanding enough to shine for God? And I guess it's not really glamourous doing data entry work for a website. I hate data entry. It's vomit-blood work. :\ Mind-numbing.

Lord, what does it take to be your man?

(At least Hong Teck told me, "Write for Him." And I remember Peter's gift of a pencil to me with these words: "Write for Him. :)")

Yup. If no one else likes my work, at least You'll like it. And I guess that's all that really matters in eternity.


Ah! I just saw Hong Teck's latest blog post:

TODAY I SAT UNDER THE TEACHING OF A GREAT TEACHER, HAVE LUNCH AND FELLOWSHIP WITH 2 AMAZING FATHERS & PREPARED WHAT I HOPE WILL BE A DYNAMIC SERMON. BUT NOTHING FEELS GREATER THAN JUST GIVING UP MY SEAT TO AN OLD LADY ON THE TRAIN JUST A WHILE AGO.

WHY IS THAT? MAYBE WE ARE CREATED TO DO GOOD WORKS, NOT FOR GOOD BOOKS, FOLKS, LOOKS
Whoa. =) Something that's of worth, that will bless your heart.

And I remember God used me to really bless my colleagues, especially one of them, who wrote me a card of thanks: "Thanks for teaching me how to forgive." Yay! Maybe that's what will really make this life count in God's eyes. Good works. Not saved by good works, but saved to do good works, which God prepared in advance for me to do.

No comments: