Monday, May 3, 2010

The Cure for Stress? Strain.

It's been quite a few sleepless nights for me, and I'm physically exhausted. Work's really huge - it compares with Napoleon trying to conquer Russia... it was simply too big for him. Can't believe I'm doing a massive copy-paste job that takes me 12 hours +++ - and that's with some help from my sheep. :) LOL.

But I'm reminded that looking at everything from a divine perspective, God is shaping me to be a newer person. Renewed in how I choose to commit to meeting deadlines. Renewed in how I choose to have integrity. Renewed in how I choose to see my situations. Shall I see the stars, or just the bars?

No, not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Wouldn't consider myself to have yet taken hold of all these wonderful character traits yet... but one thing I do: Forgetting what lies behind, I strain towards what is ahead. I press on towards the goal to be the me that God made me - and wants me - to be.

Yes, are we stressed? We may be. But let's strain on then! If He bore the weight of the world upon His shoulders...

What grace divine what selflessness
That Christ would bear the weight
Our proof is scarred on hands that bled
That we were worth every nail

Chorus:
And all the praise and glory to God
We sing Hallelujah sing Hallelujah
For the King has carried the cross
He is risen from the grave

Verse 3:
Beyond the tomb to holy skies
He rose in victory
And bridged for us the great divide
His life is our liberty

Amen! :) Jiayou brothers n sisters... keep pressing on... it's not the success that counts as much as our faithfulness to Jesus!

No comments: