Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Lord I Offer My Life To You



It burns my heart to listen to this song. Come and listen...

"All that I am
All that I have..."

And I remember Hong Teck's sermon. About stewardship of the talents and abilities God has given me. I was moaning to Weizhu about how he had something so much easier than me. And yes, he had to agree. =) No, it's a matter of fact - life can be unfair... in fact, friend, life IS unfair. But God is good. As Peter shared with me: "Everyone has his own opponent."

The more important thing, however, is not to look at what I do not have, but... what I do have.

"All my regrets, all my acclaims
The joy and the pain, I'm making them Yours"

What were your happiest moments? Proudest moments? Were there many or were there few? Thank God for His grace to me, that even though I was hearing-impaired, He allowed me to have some moments of glory in school. But oh, there were many regrets in school and even ministry, like I should have studied harder... I shouldn't have said that thing to that friend... I shouldn't have been late... I shouldn't have let of that opportunity to share...

But nothing is ever wasted when we surrender them to the Lord. For in his hands is redemption, that even our worst nightmares and deepest pains can be redeemed into something more beautiful than your wildest dreams.

"Lord I offer my life to You
Everything I've been through
Use it for Your glory
Lord I offer my days to You
As a pleasing sacrifice..."

Ah. This burns my heart so much. A sign of absolute surrender, a paean of utter abandonment unto God. "Use it for Your glory..." Have you been ostracised? Have you been praised? Have you been forgiven? Have you been condemned? Have you been protected? Or have you been ravished? Have you been comforted? Or have you been scourged?

All these things... would I still utterly surrender myself to the Father? To surrender and die like how Jesus did?

I remember Eugene sharing in one of the prayer meetings something very powerful: we talk about trusting God that everything will work out for our good.

But what would be the greatest measure of surrender to God? Letting go even of our desires that God will bless us, and instead saying, "Lord, all these things I am going through... I pray that You will work it all out for YOUR glory. Not my will, but Yours be done."

=)

No comments: