Thursday, October 1, 2009

Where Do You Want Me To Go Today?

Yesterday was such an interesting day - a day where God directed my path. =D

'Cos the day before, I had this thought of going down to NUS to visit the bros and sisters there, and see how they're doing, and catch up with a few friends there. But I also was considering whether to go down to Campus Crusade to talk with them about their film ministry internship opportunity.

So, yesterday, I prayed and asked God for His guidance. 'Cos Proverbs 3:6 came to mind:
"Seek his will in all you do,
and he will show you which path to take.
And yes, God indicated clearly that I should go down to NUS, as the Campus Crusade people weren't available - they were going to be back on 19 Oct! So it was off to NUS then.

And when I reached there, I was glad to see Joyce and Edmund there. Chatted a while with them...

And oh yes, I was really glad to see Jonathan and Weikai planning for their Mid-Autumn CG with Edmund... haha... and they're all very lame liao. Even the sisters are getting lame. Hahaha... and Ian aka Noah said (while playing L4D) that just like how people named Joy / Joyce bring joy to the CG, so people named Noah bring 'nua' to the CG. And there's a lot of Joyces in NUS ministry now. Hahaha. Oh! And they know Marcus and Yufen. Hahaha...

The Brother From Computing
Then, when I had dinner with Edmund, wow, thank God, I had the opportunity to share my testimony with him how God has been working in my life, especially the internship opportunity that I received. And Edmund messaged me later that night to say: "Hey bro. Your testimony really encouraged me a lot:)..."

It was really good catching up with him! And moaning together about computing projects and programming deadlines... ahahaahahahahahaha...

The Sister From Medicine
And the even more amazing part is when I was having dinner with Edmund, there was this sister sitting next to him, talking with Ming Xi. Eventually Edmund and Ming Xi went off, and I made a little conversation with the sister.

From there, she mentioned that she was doing medicine, in her first year. That was quite interesting, 'cos for a long time the NUS ministry never had any people in the Medicine faculty. I think I asked her what made her decide to do medicine... and her story began there.

Wow. It was a very long story, but it was so amazing! Basically, she had wanted to do medicine, to help other people... but her grades weren't really the cream of the crop. As she put it, "I'm a crop, yes, but... not exactly the cream!" So she prayed and fasted for 3 days, asking God for His help... and God worked in so many ways. Her faith in God was really strengthened, especially since the odds against her getting into even an internship with a hospital were super-low. And even getting into Medicine... 3000 people had applied for Medicine, but only 800 would be accepted... and her grades weren't very "creamy". :)

Whoa. I was so super-encouraged when I heard her testimony.

There's a lot of things she shared about how God worked so amazingly in her life... suffice it to say that I was really encouraged! To see how, even though she's, well, really young - she hasn't even taken her first year exams, her faith in God is really a great example to us older (both physically and spiritually) believers - way mature beyond her years.

One thing that she said really struck me. She told me that when she found out that she was accepted into the Medicine Faculty, she quickly called up the people who had not been so supportive of her attempts. This is what she told me:
"I called them, not to say to them, 'See, I can do it even though you didn't believe that I could'... but to help them start dreaming too. To tell them that 'If even I can achieve my dream, you too can achieve your dreams too'!"
Whoa. I'm so struck by the humility of that statement... that even in the midst of her vindication by God himself... she still cared for those who hadn't believed in her, and even wanted to encourage them to do likewise.

That reminds me! She said that while she was still awaiting the outcome of her faculty application, she went for some HopeKinders' volunteers' lessons. And the first lesson was titled "Dare to Dream". And the second was "Dreaming Big". (Hope I remembered the titles correctly!) Oh man. She was so stunned... it's like, God's speaking to her so clearly, encouraging her to pursue this dream she has for Him!

And in turn, I also shared with her my own testimonies of how God has helped me in my workplace as a software engineer... she was so amazed! Hahaha... I'm so reminded of Psalm 145:
One generation will commend your works to another;
they will tell of your mighty acts.
It is so, so, so joyously wonderful to be able to proclaim God's goodness and grace to the next generation!


A Tale of Two Choices - And One Outcome
So, when I went back home, I thought about it... wow, it's really such a delight to partner together with the Lord, asking Him, "Where do You want me to go today? And what do You want me to do today?" And I saw how God used me to encourage a brother, and used a sister to encourage me in turn. And I was so happy to be used by God to make a difference... simply because I had asked God what should I do with my free time, and to go where. :D

Hallelujah!

*Oh, why my sharing about the brother so short and the sharing about the sister so long? Easy. Because I've already shared my testimony in earlier posts... super-long liao. Haha.*



Honestly, when it comes to Generation Y, I am starting to think that perhaps what really will engage their hearts and mind is not a short "efficient" testimony, as human reasoning is wont to think, but rather a stunning story of God's wonders!

Because God's wonders are always able to thrill and amaze and awe EVERY generation! To leave them hanging on their seats! For the Saviour is the Superstar of the Superstory, the never-ending proclamation of His superglory! =D
God is magnificent; he can never be praised enough.
There are no boundaries to his greatness.
Generation after generation stands in awe of your work;
each one tells stories of your mighty acts.
Your beauty and splendor have everyone talking;
I compose songs on your wonders.
Your marvelous doings are headline news;
I could write a book full of the details of your greatness.
The fame of your goodness spreads across the country;
your righteousness is on everyone's lips.
Wow. I'm just so awed when I sit back and contemplate, to connect the dots... OMG. What can I say? I see God working so amazingly EVERYDAY... it's a privilege, a privilege, a precious privilege to be part of this incredible spiritual inheritance that is promised to every one who believes in the name of His Son!
I see the heavens proclaiming You day after day
And I know in my heart that there must be a way
To sing a greater song to You on the earth
To sing a greater song to You on the earth...

No comments: