Thursday, October 8, 2009

Think this blog needs to be adjusted, its writing style. Mostly, it's been written in the first-person, rambling style narrative... but, it's less effective in sharing insights, especially those of a more convoluted/complex nature. Colonic, even. :P

In other words, I should share insights lah. Not so much my rambling, experiential feelings. But I don't know. I write in an experiential style, an "on-the-ground", day-by-day account of my walk with God.

(Am I getting existential?!)

I know I'm no Zachary, with tons of wisdom in every word. Nor am I a systematic thinker like Uncle Lee, with a power punch of argument in every line. And I'm not like someone else with sweet wonders of insight in every post, where she sees wonders of heaven and earth with every step she takes.

(Ah. How I wish I could be someone else.)

But, I guess, I have my plain, grunting insights slathered with bombastic linguistic sauce. Haha. "Nah! Here! Take it! You wan' it or not?" Haha. I guess I enjoy writing in a gonzo style...

Perhaps I write the way I write, so that someone else may see the footprints of God carrying me through the sand of times...
Footprints, that perhaps another,
Sailing o'er life's solemn main,
A forlorn and shipwrecked brother,
Seeing, shall take heart again.
That he/she may know that he/she is not alone.

Well. Never mind, I think it's time to change. Share more of what I learnt from God, and less of my feelings. :) So that can be more effective in blessing others.

Less of me, more of Him!

The kernel that falls to the ground and dies.

No comments: