Monday, October 26, 2009

I also want to share another thanksgiving testimony too... it's about my dear brother in Christ, Andrew (my neighbour).

The background to this story is that Andrew has been searching for a job ever since he graduated from poly. Initially, he got a job offer from ST Aerospace... and a few other job offers too! So that's a real blessing already for him, especially considering that he's a fresh poly grad, and had been serving very hard as a unit leader in the PolyDINS ministry.

Still, Andrew decided to pray and think through it before accepting the ST job offer. Since the job would mean that he would be bonded for 7 years (yes... job security, right?) and may need to work very long hours... he was fine with that actually, but was thinking whether it's what God has in mind for him to do.

He realised that he prefers to interact with people and help them... so he decided to try going for a NTUC employability coach career, as it can help others find jobs during this difficult time. Well, that meant that Andrew would have to turn down the ST job. So Andrew did.

But... even tho the NTUC people liked him a lot and wanted him, there wasn't any vacancies left! Sad liao. I asked Andrew how did he feel? He was genuinely fine, and I could sense that he really trusted God with great peace in his heart, having surrendered so completely to God this job search. Wow.

So Andrew decided to try other jobs search and so on. Finally, he decided to take on a temp job in the meantime, and last Friday, he got me to teach him Photoshop and Dreamweaver so that he could be prepared for his temp job, which was supposed to be TODAY - i.e. he would have to sign a contract to work for a year.

But... an hour later after he had left my place, he suddenly called me back. He asked me whether I could help him reply to an email. I sensed from the tone of his voice that he was feeling very ... shocked/surprised/stunned.

When I saw the email that he had received, I understood why. The email was from NTUC. The person apologised for the delay, and told him that they finally have a vacancy for Andrew! Andrew was really so speechless. Haha... he was really so grateful to God, for God honouring Andrew's faith and decision to honour Him with his job search. Because the NTUC job was the one that Andrew really wanted, because it's a job that will bless others and extend God's kingdom even more... and God gave it to him at the very last minute! As Andrew said, "God is so faithful. He has never short-changed me." Haha... AMEN, BROTHER! :D

So I am sharing this testimony with you, dear friends... seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness... and all the things that you need will be added unto you in due time! :) Honour God with your decisions, and He will honour you! :D

No comments: