Tuesday, October 6, 2009

When I look into Your holiness
When my eyes look into Your loveliness
When all things that surround
Become shadows in the light of You

When I've found the joy of reaxhing Your heart
When my will becomes enthralled in Your love
When all things that surround
Become shadows in the light of You

I worship You
I worship You
The reason I live
Is to worship You...

Thank You Father. Thank You. As I sit back and ponder, sitting at the garden between Andrew's block and my block, I think of all the good things that You have done for me.

Also for how You have been changing my heart towards my parents, especially my mum, since the day I had a full-day fast.

I also realise how You have changed my attitude towards helping her (for her love language is acts of service), so that I now take the initiative much more often, and much less half-heartedly. Because You have been shaping me to be more a servant.

Also how You have been shaping me to show grace to my dad... I know, i still struggle, but You are patiently shaping me, even though I still prove to be so resistant at times.

So touched by my mum's unconditional love and support... that I think You chose to answer my prayer that I may love my parents more by choosing to answer through none other than my mum. I was so shocked when she came up to me and asked me the night after my full day fast, "How much money do yuo have left?"

Initially I thought she wanted to ask me for money. But... it turns out that she wanted to support me while I was still looking for my next job!

OMG. Unconditional love... grace... that God chose to show through my mum. And grace melted my heart.

I realised that I was really very touched. Not just a mental assent to being touched, but really emotionally touched too.

I think God chose to show His grace and love through my mum, because He wanted to remind me that He gave me none other than my father and my mother... therefore I should honour them.

Now I can identify... I do feel quite reserved in showing more affection to my parents, but thank God, since my mum's love language is acts of service, it's so much easier to bless her this way. (And of course, she appreciates such acts of service.)

I never imagined that I could actually write such an appreciative note about my mum... And God has humbled me.


I'll describe it this way: Imagine there's a brother/sister you really really really struggle to love. (Not hard to imagine, right?)

Then, you pray and ask God to help you love the other person... you keep praying for years, but somehow you always keep on running out of patience.

Then, one day, you realise that this is not a question of human effort alone, but a realization that your own heart needs work, cleansing from pride and bitterness.

So you really pray and FAST, confessing to God all your pride and bitterness... and asking Him to change your heart.

And to your shock, God chose to answer your prayer by really touching your heart - through none other than the very person you really couldn't stand.

Yah. That's how God chose to touch my heart to love my mum more... by using my mum to show such sweet love to me. Stunned... and ashamed of myself.

The first shall be last, and the last first.

Thinking about it... yah hor. The spear of hatred that we used to murder His very own Son shed the very blood of love that splashed back upon us to pardon us.

Hee. Thank You Father for giving me my mother... :)

No comments: