Friday, October 30, 2009

Ministry is a Lifestyle

Not much posting since last week... but that doesn't mean nothing much happened! Hahaha... ironic, isn't it? But yeah, there's a time to work and a time to rest and think...

Anyway, just want to thank God for some wonderful things that happened. Haha. Was sharing with Clarence yesterday over dinner how God has been helping me see that ministry is more than just a role or a responsibility or an appointment. Ministry is a lifestyle.

It's been very exciting, seeing how God has sent me wonderful like-minded fellow ministers to form a drama team for HopeKids ministry. Very glad, 'cos the workload is so much lighter now, and the joy shared is multiplied! Hallelujah! :D Reminds me of how God sent along brave and mighty men to join David when he was on the run from King Saul, and they became part of David's army.

But not just ministry. Also in the workplace, the Spirit has been prompting me (also reminding me of the great advice that I got from my team leader in my prev workplace) to take the initiative to help my colleagues with their stuff where possible. And same at home. To bless my dad with a good healthy massage - esp so now that he's getting old. Even helping my maid with computer stuff. :)

And various people that God sent along my path. So, putting all these things together, I was reminded of this passage that I read from Matthew, about how as Jesus went around teaching and preaching, He also ministered to the people He met along the way.
Jesus went throughout Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the good news of the kingdom, and healing every disease and sickness among the people. 24News about him spread all over Syria, and people brought to him all who were ill with various diseases, those suffering severe pain, the demon-possessed, those having seizures, and the paralyzed, and he healed them
So, that's what I think God is teaching me recently... that ministry is more than doing roles and responsibilities in church ministry... ministry is a lifestyle, meeting others' needs wherever you are!

Haha. Oh yeah want to thank God too for being able to be a lobang to bless a friend too. 'Cos just found out this week that my boss needs illustrators to do some children's storybooks. LOL. Immediately, this friend's name came to mind, since I'd worked with him/her on a children's storybook before for a competition. So I liaised, and the long story short: he/she'll be meeting my boss tml to discuss the possibility of doing freelancing. :) Really praise God that He can use this particular work that I'm in, to help bless others in their careers too! (And haha, coincidentally, we bumped into each other the next day just near our workplaces and had a good short catchup. God's hand is at work!)

Ok, gotta go off, still got work to clear. But thank God for the joy of being able to be a minister of Christ wherever I go. Let's set apart Christ as Lord in our hearts, that we may be able to carry around the aroma of Christ wherever we go. Let's let our light shine before men, so that they may see our good deeds and praise our Father in heaven! Amen? =)

No comments: