Wednesday, February 11, 2009

What I've Been Learning About Myself

Thank God for all the comments that I received. So many of them! :) It's very interesting to see how different people see different things of the same story. =) I realised and learnt so much about other people and myself - different styles of working. Very fascinating!

In part, I also learnt better my personal working style, and more importantly, how I can be more effective for God in what I do. I realised that for me, I work best in a team of two - my partner ensures that I get the job done on time, but he/she must give me time and space to develop my own ideas. And I work best when I am given an initial idea as a starting point. From there, I can spin off new ideas very fast and rapidly develop these concepts. Sorta like an idea factory. Haha...

And how I respond and work with other people's comments and advice... generally, I consider asking the inputs of others important, 'cos they are able to see important details that I have left out.

But, I appreciate it even more when the other person can see the bigger picture at hand, and see what my intended direction is, AND then give suggestions that will make it easier for me to reach that intended goal state. For me, it's much, much more important for me to do the right things, rather than do the things right. Makes more sense that way. If we do the right things, then we can always work on doing the right things right later on.

Hah... then, I realise that I am very easily accomodating to others' opinions and feedback. If someone suggests something, I'll most likely go along with the person's ideas and explore that option. 'Cos generally I prefer not to argue - unless it's something that I consider a moral/ethical issue, or if I think the other person doesn't understand where I'm coming from.

Actually, this aspect of me is very different from last time, back in sec school, when I would override my friends' opinions and suggestions, insisting that my opinion was the best way. Strange how one can change so much over time... but well, I'm a new creation in Christ. :) Aye-men.

Then... haha, I guess I tend to want to accomodate as many people as possible, so sometimes I make compromises to the original vision that I have. The problem is that I tend to take these comments very personally and seriously, so I find it hard to take the comments objectively. This hinders me from being able to make a fast and/or good decision, because I tend to feel that if I reject the other person's comments, I'm also rejecting the other person himself/herself.

Haha... gosh. It's very interesting, learning more about how God has created me to be. And a deeper sense of appreciation for the vast diversity of mankind that He has created all over the world. :D

No comments: