Monday, February 23, 2009

Songs of Joy

There's just so many inexpressible thoughts that's going right through my mind right now. Like the combined choir of a hundred songs echoing through my mind.

It's the balance between being straightforward and prosaic, and yet being cursive and spilling with prose. Don't want to be too serious, and yet not so frivolous.

But I think the overwhelming song in my heart is a song of joy. =)
As morning dawns and evening fades
You inspire songs of praise
That rise from earth to bless Your heart
And glorify Your name

:)

The weekend was such a joyful weekend.

HopeKids service - it was such a hectic time. The video camera that we borrowed got its tape deck jammed, I had to rush my skit rehearsal, usher in the children and so on... it was really challenging.

But you know, as we ended the service with a time of worship... something happened that touched me very much. As we started singing "How Can I Keep From Singing", I noticed that many of the little children were slowly inching to the front.

So I moved to the front too. And this verse came to mind: "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."

And then the lead singer told the children, "Children, let's draw near to worship God..." And then they all came eagerly to the front.

As we sang, I saw so many of the little ones clustered around the stage, and worshipping God... it simply touched me so much. For all their rowdiness, their mischief, their pranks and their lack of discipline... they were reading the lyrics and worshipping the Lord.

It was a God moment. I simply can't describe the divine wonder of that moment, but the little ones were suddenly transfigured into a choir of angels, a unified paean of praise that day. So many little children all gathered as one, and singing all together,
How can I keep from singing Your praise
How can I ever say enough
How amazing is Your love
How can I keep from shouting Your name
I know I am loved by the King
And it makes my heart want to sing
It was very heartwarming indeed. Even two of the more mischievous children were really standing there and seriously worshipping the Lord. I was amazed, and touched and delighted and filled with joy. And I think the Lord Jesus was also beaming at the joyous sight of it all. Just a tiny preview of the glorious worship that shall be in heaven for all eternity one day.

:)

Then had a great time of supper with my CG. Edwin suggested that he could help to organize a game of LaserQuest for the CG. Whoa. :D Thank God! And a warm time of chatting and getting to know Dehua better on our way to Paradiz Centre, and Shawn driving Dehua, Jinghe, Jon and me to CyberDome cafe to play Left For Dead. And we banged, rifled, shotted, flamed and exploded our way till 4.30 am.

After that, met up with Jon and we had shepherding till 8 am.

Concussed! :) But joyfully concussed.

And then rested for a while, and went jogging with Andrew, a bro from RP side in Tertiary, for half an hour. Then we had a good time of lunch at my place, and after that, he asked me a LOT of questions about how to set up a wireless connection.

Gosh! I really have so much to learn from his eager and hungry spirit to learn, by asking so many questions. This is an attitude I want to pick up from him.

Am truly blessed by his friendship. =)

And right after that, I met up with Kin Wee over a cup of tea. It was a great and meaningful time of sharing and rambling and thought-provoking discussions...

Then met up with Peter right after that, and we shared about some ideas for some potential opportunities...


Gosh. Learning from children, from my sheep, from a bro in the student ministry, a couple expecting their first child, a fellow bro in Adults, my shepherd...

My life was enriched by so many people this weekend. =) Thank You so much dear Lord.

**********

At the first combined service of the year, Ps Ben announced that he and Ps Dinah and their children would be going over to the Americas soon to take care of the Hope churches there. I was so surprised. And Ps Dinah looked like she wanted to cry - the two of them have been 18 years in Hope Singapore, faithfully building up this church and loving us, serving us, caring for us, leading us, praying for us, ministering to us, asking us how we are doing and so many other things.

Felt a deep sense of sadness in a way, to have to say goodbye to them. 'Cos I remember one of the first sermons that I heard was Ps Ben exhorting us, "We are not only a Bible-believing church - we (desire to be) a Bible-practising church!"

It was so timely, 'cos I had been asking God which church I should settle in. And that statement by Ps Ben assured me that this was the church that God had called me to settle in.

And I've seen this couple's life over the years... how they have loved us, and served us. So many little things they did for us - like Ps Ben sitting down by himself and eating cheap chicken rice from a styrofoam box during lunch-time, just so that he could spend time with the ministry people. And Ps Dinah warmly asking how we were.

I also remember another little thing that Ps Ben did last year that touched me a lot. We were in HopeTots, and Ps Ben happened to be just passing through the room. However, even though he was in a hurry, I saw him quietly closing his eyes and laying hands on every little child's head that he passed by. And he was whispering a quick prayer for every one of them.

Gosh. That really, really touched me very much. =)

Godspeed, dear Ps Ben and Dinah, and your two children. May the Lord go with you all, and may His right hand carry you and keep you safe over there. May He bless all the works of your hands, even as you love Him and serve Him as a family together. May He be with you, both now and forever. Amen.

**********
And for Ps Jeff and Claudia, whoa, we're going to see a year of exciting things happening. I can feel it in my spirit - something good, something great, something wonderful will happen.

This is the year of preparation and consecration to the Lord. We're looking forward to circumcising our hearts, bonding together as a community and surrendering even more of ourselves to the Commander of Commanders.

I've set aside Thursdays to keep people around me in prayer... I've planned to keep Ps Jeff and Claudia in my weekly intercessory prayers too. Support them in your prayers too!

*********
Ok! Time to rest. The LORD our God is with us. We can do all things through Christ who gives us strength! Aye-men and Hallelujah!

No comments: