Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I was on my way back with a brother, while we were discussing about implementing some men's ministry stuff in our unit.

He shared me that it's important to help build the brothers up, firstly by building up comradeship through shared activities. And then to grow the fellowship by helping them build up a shared identity. :)

So exciting!

[Incidentally, I realised I don't enjoy technical roles that much. But I really love pastoral roles, especially counselling and encouraging, even though I'm a natural introvert and not a naturally gregarious person at all. Strange, yeah? But God is wonderful indeed.]

There's one more thing that he said that gave me pause.

"There are not many brothers who have close friends."

I have to really count my blessings then. Though I don't have a wide circle of friends, and so often, I wish I was much, much more popular and sociable... I have a few very, very close and dear friends - and the friendships are mutual. Not one, but more than one godly friend. Which makes me incredibly blessed, actually. And totally all these friendships are the grace of God totally. Because I'm such an unworthy person, less than the least of all God's people. And yet He poured out His grace so abundantly upon even someone so lowly like me. I need to humbly work on being a better and a truer and a wiser and a more faithful friend to them.

Wow. God is just so good. :)

No comments: