Sunday, February 1, 2009

Something so beautiful happened today. I came back from visiting Peter's, Meixian's and Jeannie's houses with my CG... and I bumped into Andrew, one of the ULs from the Tertiary ministry. We got to know each other through another brother last year, on the night of my unit's Christmas party, when I went back on the MRT with him.

And... you know, I think God really put our paths literally together. As we walked back home and chatted, he asked me about the writing thing that I had mentioned about. He told me that he had told one of the sisters in the tertiary ministry, who's very into writing, about my idea of setting up a Writer's Ministry in church.

THEN, this sister went and searched for my blog. Not only that, she posted a comment telling me about this MDA initiative for first-time writers. And that's how I got to know about the writing for children's book thing.

THEN, somehow, God also brought HL to my blog at the SAME time too, 'cos HL had been thinking about starting on a career in illustration. And HL had never been to my blog before, for all the past 4 or 5 years that we'd known each other.

But, well, God helped point HL to my blog at just the right time... and so, since the MDA initiative was for writing illustrated children's books... I would need an illustrator. And who better to ask than Ms HL herself?

So... we are now doing the children's book. Absolutely Amazing. It's very clear that God's hand is behind all this.

God really is the Master Weaver - He really tied up all the threads of our lives, the wefts and the warps perfectly. No loose ends... all the timings and synchronizations of the threads are perfectly timed!

And if I hadn't met Andrew at all that night of the Christmas party, I would have never gotten to tell him about the writing circle idea... and he would have never told the sister... and she would have never told me... and I would have never told HL... and we would have never done the children's book...

And if HL had never visited my blog, i would have never known that she can really draw...

And if I hadn't gotten to know Leslie back in my tertiary days, Leslie would have never introduced me to Andrew...

It's absolutely amazing to see how God also cares for HL too, helping her towards her heart's desire to glorify Him with her illustration skills... I mean, this is kinda like getting a "Double Kill" in DOTA, you know.

Actually, Andrew also needed some encouragement at the point when I met him, and I also needed some encouragement myself. And both of us met each other, walking directly towards each other.

So, God blessed me, Andrew, Denise, and HL... 4 in total, just from one whole series of events... Whoa! Make that a "Quadruple Kill"!

(Sorry, I think only DOTA players will get what I mean... hee!)

OMG. OMG. OMG. This chain of fortunate events is just so highly improbable, so tightly integrated with seemingly unrelated events. How can this be? Yet, I remember, nothing is impossible with God. AMEN! AMEN! AMEN!

:) God's hand is definitely at work here! Thank You Daddy!!!

"Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus, through all generations, forever and ever! Amen."

No comments: