Sunday, February 15, 2009

Super-thankful and relieved. After days of increasing stress over my writer's block... I was increasing in my desperate prayers to God. Asking Him for any insights... pearls of wisdom from heaven... an angel to appear before me with a Great Story...

well! God did answer my prayer... through my shepherd. I was sharing with him about the story, and the stress I was feeling. So he sat down with me to review the story. And as he read through the story, he started peppering his own ideas... and his ideas got crazier and crazier.

Let's just say that he somehow managed to introduce Transformers and and Lord of the Rings into my story by the time he'd finished.

I have one insanely creative shepherd. And I am so incredibly blessed by all his creative inputs and ideas. =)

Anyway, something I reflected about this is that God does answer our prayers even for creative ideas. After all... He is the Creator, so I figure that makes Him creative! =) So we should pray persistently even in our stress, for He is able to give us creative juices just as He anointed Bezalel:
Exodus 31:1-5
Then the LORD said to Moses, 2 "See, I have chosen Bezalel son of Uri, the son of Hur, of the tribe of Judah, 3 and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, ability and knowledge in all kinds of crafts- 4 to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver and bronze, 5 to cut and set stones, to work in wood, and to engage in all kinds of craftsmanship.

And that He sometimes chooses to answer our prayers through people. In fact, I read somewhere that He prefers to lavish His love and grace through people in answering our prayers. Yeah, He could choose to do great signs and wonders directly, but He so much prefers to use limited humans as His agents. Because they are made in His image. So cool. :) Thank You Lord for Peter.

No comments: