Sunday, December 21, 2008

Wow. Thank God for a very surprise blessing just now. Had just come back from the Christmas party cum Huaqiang's birthday celebration, when I met two bros from the poly side: Leslie and Andrew. Both of them are ULs.

And whoa, Leslie's very interested in writing too - he kinda raved to me about CS Lewis' biography, and I want to read it too!

And Andrew stays in the same neighbourhood as me... so we chatted, and he said he'd walk with me to my block. We chatted, and chatted... at the void deck till 1 am.

Wow. Thank God for the time of fellowship... I really learnt a LOT from him. He's only 21, but I learnt so many things from him - he's a walking example of what it means to be young, but setting an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity. Funny leh, but just felt very comfortable sharing about stuff with him. :) And had the opportunity to pray for him too.

Thinking back on it, think God really is answering more and more of my prayers, especially in making His direction clearer to me. It's really amazing, how ever since that day I started praying - I think it all started when I prayed that prayer for consecration during the GoForth conference.

And God increased my desire and burden to be consecrated unto Him. Till last month, I had such a deep conviction from God that I must, must be fully consecrated to the Lord. 'Cos I see the necessity of this. It's a decision that I made to the Lord.

And after praying, God has been teaching and training me. Sending me people to cross my path like Peter Truong, Andrew, Leslie, and the Campus Crusade team through the Atria Unconference...

People like Clarence, Kin Wee and Joyce too...

Ministry like the recent planning for HQ's bday celebration and the BBQ... workplace responsibilities... acting week after week in HopeKids service...

I just sense God's confirmation is becoming clearer and clearer. Wow. How true it is in Psalm 37:4-6:
Delight yourself in the LORD
and he will give you the desires of your heart.

Commit your way to the LORD;
trust in him and he will do this:

He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn,
the justice of your cause like the noonday sun.

"He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun." The imagery that comes to mind is that like a dawn breaking into a full-grown noonday sun. So it's the same with God's work in our lives - as we grow in Him, in consecration, sanctification and dedication to the Lord... He grows our light to increase and increase...

Wow. So beautiful. Thank you Father. In Jesus' name amen.

******
One important thing that Andrew shared with me was that I can expect spiritual opposition if I'm going to do something big for God, but I must persevere on.

I'm hungry! I want to learn more, so that I can grow more for God! But yet, Andrew somehow sensed that I'm very eager... which means that I can also be very impatient for God to grow me. And that's true... still, I'm not ashamed at all to be hungry for the things of God.

Because I've spent quite a long while not being hungry for the things of God, to the point my old CL sat me down and rebuked me for my spiritual indifference back in year three. I guess if there is something that I'm impatient for... I do hunger to grow in Christlikeness. Not because I think myself capable - God knows that I'm totally unable to... for I'm less than the least of all God's people...

But because I, by God's grace and mercy, have tasted a little bit of the goodness of God. And it's so thrillingly delicious. "Now show me Your glory," Moses asked the LORD. And the LORD said, "I will show you my glory, but my face must not be seen..."

And all Moses got was to see God's back. And yet that was something so incredible. And Job said to God, "My ears had heard of you, but now my eyes have seen you. Therefore I despise myself and repent in dust and ashes."

I'm a spiritual baby. But I want to increase in my craving for God's pure word, so that by it I may grow in my salvation, having tasted that the Lord is good! Precious! God's Word! Amen!

Anyway, to backtrack, I think I see how God is leading me so far. The writer's circle idea, the children's ministry - to be faithful with the small things and also God might be calling me to intercessory ministry too.

No comments: