Friday, December 26, 2008

Transcendence Supersedes Senescence


I was also thinking: Now that we're in adults ministry, I've been told a lot of expectations have to be changed.

Perhaps the terrain has changed from the plains to the hills, but isn't the God of the plains also the God of the hills?

Oh. I remember something else. Hilly terrain is obviously harder to traverse. So more time and patience is needed.

Still, shouldn't the heart and will still be the same - "I lift my eyes to the hills, where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth."

When our eyes are set upon the Lord, then it is possible for Him to give us physical strength, just like how he enabled Moses to climb a mountain even at the geratric age of 120, and Caleb to be a fierce and fit fighter at the tender age of 85.

Transcendence supersedes senescence.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

different ministry, same God.

Anonymous said...

amen! :)