Thursday, December 4, 2008

What is the Lord teaching me today?

After reading Joyce's blog, I was very inspired to see how she makes sense of her experiences, using the Word of God as a mirror to help her reflect. So much I can learn from this dear friend in Christ.

So was reminded that I need to sit down and make sense of what God may be trying to teach me today. Because He is my shepherd.

In Psalm 32, He says,
8 I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go;
I will counsel you and watch over you.

9 Do not be like the horse or the mule,
which have no understanding
but must be controlled by bit and bridle
or they will not come to you.

10 Many are the woes of the wicked,
but the LORD's unfailing love
surrounds the man who trusts in him.
It's been a long time since I gave careful thought to what He's been trying to teach me.

Ah. But thank God so much, He's always so patient. Incredibly sweet, like delicious honey. I remember on Tuesday, I was intending to go back home and rest. But just felt a strong prompting in my heart to take the MRT back instead of the direct bus that night.

And when the MRT stopped at Ang Mo Kio MRT, I had this quiet impression that I should get off and go to the park.

So I did, and spent time with the Lord there. Wow. His presence just ministered to me, and restored my soul. And during that quiet time, He brought to my attention the passage: "Ask, and it will be given to you. Seek and you will find. Knock, and the door shall be opened unto you. For everyone who asks receives, he who seeks finds and to him who knocks, the door will be opened."

Sensed that the Lord wanted to encourage me to be bolder. To take more initiative in approaching Him with an expectant heart. To expect greater things from Him. Especially since they are Good Things in His eyes.

So I don't want to let go of this precious promise of His. This rhema word that He whispered to me. How precious are your words to me, Lord! More precious than gold or silver. By them is your servant warned, in keeping them there is great reward.

So one thing today I shall do is to reflect with an expectant heart, praying and asking God to help me see what He wants to teach me for this day.

Speak, Lord, for your servant is listening.

Yup! Life is really a very exciting journey with Jesus, every step of the way! Amen!

No comments: