Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas Prayer & Fasting: Testimony

Just want to fire off a quick thanksgiving testimony...

My district has been going through the prayer of Jabez from 1 Chronicles 4. We've been praying, seeking God to bless us as He wills, and to increase our desire to do greater things for Him and to grow in holiness and consecration to Him...

And God has really been answering my prayers, especially for Him to expand my "territory" of influence... be it in work or ministry or shepherding or evangelism...
Like, today, I went for my company's community care event. We were supposed to be meeting a group of children from Student Care Services. So us volunteers were looking forwards to a great time with primary school kids.

Then the event I/C told us that the children are from 13 to 18 years old.

Gosh. Their definition of children a bit the stretching it leh. Haha...

But realised that this is a "Jabez" moment, where God could be expanding my sphere of influence... to go beyond my comfort zone to bless those outside my age group.

And long story short, really praise God. Ended up making friends with a group of rather tough-looking boys. We seem to have hit it off well; two of them asked me to give them a call when I'm free to catch up again.

Thankful to God who has taught me through my bros and sisters about building up trust and so on. Wow.

Anyway gotta run now. CG potluck dinner + HQ's bday celebration.

No comments: