Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thanksgiving!

Haha, really want to thank God for His incredible sweetness to me this week. It's been exhilaratingly busy, doing more things both at work and in ministry.

And the joy is, even though I find the admin stuff that I've been tasked to handle at work challenging, I am excited to be entrusted with all this! 'Cos I know that I can do everything through Christ who gives me strength!

E.g. I volunteered to take down the minutes down for our weekly meetings. No big thing, you may say. But for a hearing-impaired person, it's definitely a big challenge, and often, I have to be thick-skinned and ask the managers and team leaders what they said. But really thank God they understand my handicap.

And through this period of struggling, i wanted to shift the responsibility to someone else who can hear and understand better. But I decided that I want to do my best for the Lord, to at least help support my teammates by taking on this very small
responsibility.

So I have learnt through this week, that it's through these times of difficulty that I learn to grow in patience and in character. I can do everything through Him who gives me strength! Amen! And also, I am learning to rely on God's grace and mercy even more in the workplace. It's so amazing to see how God can really help me in big and small ways. The Lord is near!

Thanks, Yufen, for sharing with me last week about your learning to thank God for even the smallest things at work... I catch your spirit, sister! :D

Another thing that I experienced and learnt this week is that God really gives grace to the humble. I've been learning to humble myself by being hungrier to learn and to be more teachable, even when being scolded or corrected by my team leaders. As a result of that, I find that God is giving me extra grace and favour - my team leaders give me feedback readily and on their own initiative to teach me useful tips and principles that i couldn't have figured out on my own.

Wow. Humility's really such a joy. But even now, I know that I am not humble enough, and can never be truly humble... but with God's help, I shall learn to be! For the first step towards humility is to always recognize that we are proud!

Very overjoyed too, to see the many evangelistic opportunities that God has been opening up to me recently. Wow. One of these cases is utterly amazing. This week, a non-Christian friend of mine asked me whether s/he can see a pastor, 'cos s/he wants to make some confessions 'cos s/he wanted to clear up his/her 'karma'. (S/he was probably thinking about the Catholic confession box...)

Wow! this is an opportunity... of course, I'm arranging with my pastoral leaders to meet up this friend next Sunday... please keep him/her in your heart's prayer for Michael to help my friend understand that he/she can be completely forgiven through Jesus Christ! Yes and Amen!

Really need to make plans to help them towards receiving Christ into their lives. "But the noble man makes noble plans, and by noble deeds he stands." Amen! May that be my heart too!

However, I think the most precious moments this week were not the big things, the miracles... but the two consecutive days of quiet time with the Lord this week. On Monday and Tuesday. Wow. I really, really treasure my time with the Lord dearly. And a personal revelation that God showed me recently is that I have a very deep need for quality time with someone I can trust. He encouraged me to put my trust in Him completely, because only He can meet my heart's needs fully.

And yah, just sitting there and talking with God, praying in the Spirit... just felt God's presence so real and dear. And the next evening, wow, really felt so renewed, both physically and spiritually, by my Father in heaven. God's love is just so rich and deep, and there is nothing in this world that can ever take away his love.

His love really stirs me up inside, and gives me the courage, love and grace to step out of my comfort zone to minister more richly to others.

That's why I really want to grow in my prayer life, to be more and more detailed and specific in my prayers. Because God spoke to me that I need to be bolder, to take the initiative to ask Him for the good things He has promised me.

Yup! :) Excited, looking fwd to seeing God work wonders this December!

No comments: