Wednesday, December 31, 2008

"Reflection on the one thing I love"

I read this article, and it is one of the best blog posts I've read in a long time. Think there are many things to learn from it.
When I came to know the Lord, I was introduced/brought into the wonderful family of God, besides also entering into a loving personal relationship with Him, the man Himself. The church, the fellowship, has always been a place of refuge for me, a safe haven, somewhere with people whom I know I could rely on, I could go to, and whom I can trust. I wanted very much for many people around to also experience such a family, such altruism, that it is indeed possible to do good to one another, to love one another unconditionally and it all perfectly makes sense.

Alas this was to be greatly tested in these recent days. My trust and confidence in church would go down, my assurance that things work, that things make sense in church was to be deflated. My understanding was this: if the church were to be made up of Godly men and women, who make sound-minded decisions, who hear from God, who obey God, who is led by the Lord, wouldn't church be the best place where things make sense, where things happen excellently, where real work gets done and accomplished? That the work of Jesus Christ be powerfully and greatly done and accomplished through the church? I have come to the conclusion that this way of thinking is in error. The Lord wanted me to place my trust in Him and Him alone, in His sovereignty, sovereign plan, that He is still in control, He is still the boss, that all things happen not without His foreknowledge and foresight. Even though the church may fail, God does not fail. Because the church does and will fail. So where does my trust and confidence lie? Ultimately, when it comes to the crunch, when the rubber meets the road, in church or in God? [read more...]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi bro,

Thanks for sharing this entry. I have actually added my comments to WJ's reflections. Do take a read once it is approved.

In the meantime, Happy New year!

Cheers,
Andrew